WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.40 beta #3

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.40 beta #3 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1,5 MB)

I very grateful for all responses regarding work of the time-line!

I've tried to leave only one new style of the time-line in v4.40, because it easy to have only one code without variations (for old and new styles).

But I see now that many people prefer to work with both modes. I need to think how to implement both ways and keep stable and maximally simple code. If it really necessary - I'll work on it in the next beta #4.

Jill, Den,

I've improved this moment in this beta #3 for "Run app and exit".

Barry,

Thank you, I'll try to fix this problem ASAP.

Did you tried in Preview mode or with created .EXE file?

Please let me know full path and name of main slide-show, full path of second slide-show and exact example of Run command.

What's new beta #3:

+ Improvements in "Customize synchronization" window:

> Added "Import Points from Another Project..." function.

> Press Ctrl+Up/Ctrl+Down keys (or < >) to move cursor between slides and strips of effect durations.

> Added hot keys for new functions in "Customize synchronization" window.

> Various minor improvements.

+ Alternate scrolling of Slide list, File panel or Time-line. Hold Alt key,

press mouse button and move the mouse (as in PageMaker, or in Photoshop).

* Fixed bug of slower show of the time-line in earlier betas for 400-1000 or more slides.

+ Fixed bug of previous betas when "Customize slide" button wasn't visible with enabled waveform.

Thanks for that Igor - seems to be OK now.

I usually build long shows in sections and run one after the other, however I find that when the last slide runs the next show.exe there is a brief flash of the cursor between shows, even with all cursor actions cancelled. Is this something you can fix? It happens in this beta and previous version too.

I feel that the ability to join separate, synchronised, projects seamlessly to one another would be a valuable addition to 4.40, although I appreciate that the audio may be a problem to join up. Any thoughts?

Also can you tell us the use for 'importing transition points from another project'?

hi I am no sure if this is should be in this forum, but the beta three is it completed, or may be I can add couple of suggestions:

I have just posted on the other forum page the following, this would really be great for the next version:

1)------ Can you include to the program not only time limit but also

number of times used / accessed

2)------ May be also time used -/ run limit

3)------ Any video to exe converter feature (like avi to exe) or may be you can allow video files to be added to the timeline as well

Igor just a few things about the latest beta 4.40#3

-IMPORT POINTS FROM ANOTHER PROJECT option.

Has this function been introduced because with the latest Betas Transition points are now locked into slides present and when you delete a transition point you delete the slide and vice versa?

This means the only way to change all of your images and keep the transition points the same is to start a new project load up your new images then import transition points from your first project? - I think how the timeline used to work is more logical.

It seems to me that generally from start to finish in a project once you are happy with your transition points they won't change but the particular images occuring at each transition point could change many times until you achieve the right feel of your presentation. In short transition points should be "sacred" and the hardest thing to remove, images should be able to be chopped and changed easily. Right now if I go and remove half the images from my slide list I also remove half my transition points!! This could be devastating if I didn't know before hand.

- When using the CTRL and the UP and DOWN keys in the timeline shouldn't the cursor move to the right when you press the UP key and to the left when you press the DOWN key? Currently its doing the reverse.

+The ALT plus mouse function is great!!

Just downloaded the Beta really impressed with the time line as others are by the sound of it. So decided to use it in anger and went to the object editor and my machine froze. Had to use task manager to close it. repeated 3 or 4 time using different projects including new and still i froze. Any comments? Win XP SP2

I agree with Andrew - I prefer the previous method of how the timeline behaved when deleting transition points. The most useful new feature is the ability to draw around any number of points and move them in a block - this makes it far easier to insert new slides into the sequence. Keeping this new feature but with the old method of deleting points would be the best solution for the final version I think.

Ian

I have to agree with ADB:

In short transition points should be "sacred" and the hardest thing to remove, images should be able to be chopped and changed easily

I have been using PTE for three years plus and have been a little uneasy with the strict attachment of transition points to specific images. For me, a transition point is a core ingredient whereas an image may be changed many times to reflect a change in tempo or music style. I find it a little disconcerting that deletion of transition points clears the image list as I have tended, in the past, to use the 'slide list' as a repository of images from which I pick and choose. Having tested the latest betas I find myself longing for an 'option' which allows either image or transition to take priority (mentioned elsewhere too I think).

That said, PTE remains one of the best examples of its genre around!

Agree with Andrew, Ian & Bethan

They have voiced my thoughts and misgivings very well.

I am very uneasy using the new Betas as I also prefer my transitions to remain "glued" until I change them. I change slides around or import extra ones so often and now I can lose the whole pattern of the link between certain images appearing at set soundtrack points.

I tried moving everything to the right at the beginning and then inserting points which worked fine, it's the risk of losing so much work in the final editing and "fine tuning" I worry about.

However I am very grateful for all your hard work Igor THANK YOU !

.........and you've now given me an idea for my new Alexander CD !

I look forward to testing your solutions to this knotty problem.

Maureen

I have read with interest the views of those for whom I have great respect. So until this matter is sorted I suggest working on copies of the project or, failing that, one can always resort to not saving any changes should a fault occur. Nevertheless thank you all for the timely warning.

Ron [uK]

I tend to work on new projects in Beta stages adding #1, #2,#3 after the name so I can usually go back to the earlier version each time. I'm lucky to have the space using an external hard drive as this can save a lot of hair pulling.

Same way I always save each PTE new version with its beta tag so I have the earlier ones to go back to if I wish.

I never have though, as Igor is so fast he sorts out all the minor hiccups before we can blink :D:D:D

........and of course the wonderful Forum members come up with answers & work arounds quickly too. :rolleyes:

Maureen

I have been looking at the problem of the program freezing, when i click on the object editor button. This problem does not occur on my laptop but does occur on my work and home workstations. the only thing they have in common is they have dual displays.

The program freeze also occurs when I go to the full screen of file panel view.

speacock,

I use dual monitors and have no problem with the program freezing. The only time I have had it freeze up in the past is when I have inadvertently deleted or moved an image file that I was still using in the object editor. It will lock up if it can't find a requested image.

Ok, I'll check moment with Visual editor. Very strange bug!

It seems that I'll leave new Navigation bar for the coming v4.41 (as v4.31 was released in 1,5 month after v4.30).

We already have a list from 20 new functions for this new flexble Navigatation bar!

I will work on it right now, but I will not add it to v4.40, because I'm afraid testing of it will take additional weeks and delay release of v4.40.

Igor,

There is a slight glitch in the "horizontal view" for PTE in screen resolution 800x600.

The "light-table" and "thumbnail" icons at the bottom are too far to the right to be visible when the window is maximized.

Could you please squeeze the "Add", "Remove Slide", and "Clear List" buttons further to the left so there is room to position the "Text", "thumbnail" and "light-table" icons where they can be seen in low-resolution windows?

I should add that at present if the dividing line between the file list and the preview window is moved to the right, at some point the "Add", "Remove Slide", and "Clear List" buttons begin to move toward the right, too, squeezing out the "Text", "thumbnail" and "light-table" icons to the right.