WnSoft Forums

Synchronisation

jevans

A query about sycnronising music to slides. If I add a number of slides into PTE with a fixed view length and standard fixed length transitions (say 10 slides at 5 secs each plus 1second transitions), I get a known total length for the show (say in this case 10 slides at 5 secs plus 9 x 1sec transitions = 59 secs). If I now edit some music so that its length is 59 Secs exactlly and add this to the show and then synchronise the slides and music (Project Options - synchronise slideshow to music duration - customise synchronisation), the slide durations are slightly altered, even although the total show length and music duration are the same. Does anyone know why this happens.

The reason for asking this question is that I try to edit the msuic length so it just finishes exactly at the end of the last slide. However I alway seem to have to go and manually adjust the last few slide durations to get the correct end timing. Is it not possible to add the music and then manually adjust slide position points without the program automatically adjusting slide durations to match the music.