WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.40 beta #7

Igor

I also hope to have small vacation... after v4.40 :)

So now concerning work :)

Andrew,

We'd like to keep separated buttons as now in Cust. synch. window (for a quick access).

Tom,

Thank you, I just fixed this bug with Open dialog button!

I'm having a VERY vexing problem with beta 7, perhaps it's a bug, or maybe I've forgotten something, but I don't recall seeing this problem before.

Now, when I'm inserting slides in a show, after I enter a new slide (with many more to be inserted, say half-way through the music) and if I wish to change the position of that new slide by clicking and dragging it on the time line a little, when I do so and let go of the mouse button, the transition point suddenly shifts to the left of the timeline out of sight, compressing half a dozen or so of the previous transition points together so they all overlap, totally ruining all the work I'd just done. That shouldn't happen. What is wrong? Has anyone else seen this problem before?

It started happening after I'd inserted maybe 30 slides in the show (a six-minute piece a music). The slides are all 1024x768 and under 200 KB in size so I don't think this is a problem with file size (P4 XP with 1GB RAM, I'd certainly hope not!)

I've never had this problem with any earlier betas or earlier versions of the software in about a year and a half of fairly heavy use.

While awaiting a reply, maybe I'll reboot the computer and see if that helps ...

OK this is a serious problem. A reboot made no difference.

I have a partially-completed show with about 40 images currently in it. The sound track is about 6 minutes long and I'm about 4.5 minutes into it. I saved the project and re-opened it. For no reason that I can figure out, if I try to move the last transition point in any direction on the timeline, for any distance at all, as soon as I let go of the mouse button, that point zooms about 30 seconds to the left on the time-line. It and four other transition points are suddenly overlapping and crowded together. Not only that, but the slides that were originally in those other transition points have been replaced by other slides that were in the light table but hadn't been inserted yet (they're from later in the sequence), and the slides that had been in those transition points have reappeared in the light table later in the sort sequence, totally out of order. (forunately I'd sorted and numerically renamed them all in Photoshop CS File Browser before starting this project, so I can easily reconstruct the sequence).

LATER EDIT:

I've just verified this isn't a problem with Beta 7; I have the same problem with this show in Beta 6 and also in version 4.3. Will drop this thread and start a new one; this is a strange issue seemingly unrelated to the current version specifically.

OK Al, so if I read this correctly you'll put us up for the night and supply the spirit too.

Wait a minute, Roger - this all started with you owing me a beer.

However, why not make a real party out of it - you, Maureen, Igor, and Ken (in spirit - pun intended). :D And we'll set the date for November 10th in Ottawa! :):) And, yes, I'll put you all up for the night - just wait until you all pass out and sweep you out onto the street! :)

Igor

You certainly deserve a vacation after all the hard work you have done on the current beta :)

You have been amazing as we tear PTE apart and you put it back together again

Thank you so much for all your efforts.

Knowing what we are like I can also see why you want to take a vacation before we all tackle PAN & ZOOM ;)