WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.40 beta #8

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.40 beta #8 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1,5 MB)

What's new beta #8:

+ Added AVIVideoRenderWidth and AVIVideoRenderHeight parameters in apr.ini file to be able set internal rendering resolution for video output. Please don't change their default values (1024x768), because it affect *only* if you will render video for HDTV quality (1280x960 or larger). No difference for DVD.

+ Updated languages files.

+ Various small visual improvements in the interface "Customize Synchronization" window.

* Fixed minor bug (previous betas) with Open dialog for "Run application" command.

* Fixed visual bug when objects were show as selected in AVI video file (if before you've selected them in Visual editor).

* Fixed possible bug (previous betas) with error message with "Import transition points..." feature (in "Customize Synchronization" window).

* Fixed bug with "New transition" button (incorrect position in some cases).

p.s. by the way, as I've yesterday carefully tested, PicturesToExe renders video for DVD with absolutely maximally possible quality for DVD. Resizing of 1024x768 picture to 768x576 (in Photoshop) will give same quality.

p.p.s. especially I'm grateful to our translators who translated PTE to many languages!

Thank you Igor!

We are all impressed by your speed and talents.

Now I'm off to play with this new version. :D

I hope you have a holiday booked ! :D:D:D

You deserve a long vacation.

Best wishes

Maureen

Thanks again, Igor, for all your hard work for us. The new beta seems to run just fine so far. :):)

I hope your holiday, whenever you find time to slip away, will be a good one! B)

Thanks very much for this, Igor.

Igor didn't mention this in the post, but that weird and esoteric problem I reported yesterday turned out to be a small bug that wouldn't happen often (but of course, it WOULD happen to me <_< ), and I got an email from Igor telling me he found the bug and fixed it in this new beta. All in one day. I am VERY impressed, what incredible responsiveness to customer complaints! :P:P:P Would that some much larger software companies whose names we all know but I won't mention, were even a tenth as responsive! ;)

Igor the Beta works fine there is just one tiny little thing (was present in previous beta as well)

In customizable synch window when you are editing a show and say you delete a point then use the add a new transition button, PTE adds the point but doesn't update the preview window for that new point until you actually click on the point.

Its just a small thing but I have found myself getting a little mixed up with not having the preview instantly updated when you add the new transition point. On the other hand when you are playing music and adding transition points the preview updates instantly.

Igor,

I seem to have found a strange little bug in 4.40beta7 (I don't think the new beta mentions this sound problem)

I am using a voice over for the timeline at the moment, for a sequence with various sound effects and music which will be mixed and added later.

I use Cooledit 2000 with the multitrack plug in.

If I come out of PTE, minimise the programme, go into Cooledit and amend the file in any way and resave it, when I go back into PTE the old wave file is showing on the timeline without the amendment. I have tried removing the old wave file and then inserted the amendment but it still will not read it.

I have found that only by renaming the file, and removing the old, then reinserting the new named file will PTE read it.

This is not a problem, but if one is often amending the file it is a nuisance to have to rename the file each time. I am pretty certain this was not the case with previous versions. Maybe I am missing something in the new version?

Another small thought, I am a little concerned that the programme will become overcomplicated with all the new ideas. It seems to me that one of it's great strengths was simplicity of use. I do hope we don't lose that.

Saying that it is still a splendid programme!

Regards to all on the forum.

Alan in UK