WnSoft Forums

Found a place to store my shows!

isabel95

I have had a small Yahoo account with 25mb of storage (ridiculous, right?) for years and have been paying through the nose for it because I registered a domain name with them...it was $8.95 a month. I recently received a renewal of domain name reminder (fee, of course) and while checking that out found out I could have two gigabytes of storage (and renew the domain name) for $11.95 a month.

Web space, for sure, can be found cheaper, but I don't think there's an easier way to make a web page than with Yahoo's wizards. (I had started with a Geocities web page with a massive 2mb of storage!).

I made a page here with 5 of my shows, all of which have been stored here a while back. In case anyone has not seen them, you might enjoy a visit: http://isabelcutler.com/MyPTESlideshows.html

Now that I have all this storage space I'm going to have to get cracking and made some more programs.

Isabel

Hello Isabel:

I'm currently a subscriber to SBC/Yahoo DSL. I've got a premium service that gives me 260MB of storage in what is called the Yahoo! Briefcase. This has turned out to be very unreliable and Yahoo! admits to a problem (after a tedious 2 weeks of inquiry to them). I'm interested in what you are using. Do you have an adress to a Yahoo web page that describes the product that you are using?

thanks,

ken

:rolleyes:

Hello Isabel:

I'm currently a subscriber to SBC/Yahoo DSL. I've got a premium service that gives me 260MB of storage in what is called the Yahoo! Briefcase. This has turned out to be very unreliable and Yahoo! admits to a problem (after a tedious 2 weeks of inquiry to them). I'm interested in what you are using. Do you have an adress to a Yahoo web page that describes the product that you are using?

thanks,

ken

:rolleyes:

I'm using "Starter" http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/wh1.php

Isabel

fyi

from pcworld tips and tweaks

Three more tools for sharing monster files

http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid...b041105x,00.asp

dropload works ok tho they some probs a bit back

but

YouSendIt let you send single files of up to 1GB in size. (Warning: For professional users on fast broadband connections, only. Do not try this on dial-up.)

ken

Ken:

Much appreciate the link to the other two services for transfering large files.

I have been using www.dropload.com for several months now after it was mentioned here.

I have found it great until last week when they developed a gremlin and people were not notified that there was a file waiting for them. I think that is fixed now.

The YouSendIt looks even better as you can use multiple e-mails addresses (I sent 10 people a 42mb PTE show via DROPLOAD over the weekend - it took a while as I had to do it individually, YouSendIt looks like it will solve that !)

I looked at Yahoo's briefcase a while ago, but stopped looking when I saw it allowed only a max file size of 5mg for up/downloading.

The third one (STREAMLOAD) looks good too, but will involve some $$$, but eh, everything can't be free or as good a deal as PTE is for $35(Cdn) ;)