WnSoft Forums

New Sequence

imfinewine

I have just watched your ss and loved the Soft-edge montages of images and the way you have faded them together, Great stuff. But I am not sure what story you are trying to tell us with the images. A lot of the stuff is nice to see such as the flowers but the Lager can and the bloke doing the lawns was very strange mixed in with the other stuff.

I had a mix of emotions as I watched it, I guess this is what you were trying to acheive?

Thanks

Andy :blink:

Photos of Derby and Derbyshire.

centreofengland,

Thanks for your comment. Just to mention it was not my show.

Maybe my mind leans to the morbid side but after I watched it a second time I felt the author was expressing that the man's time had run out and returned to the grave (hence the title "out of and into thin spring aire"). The beer can maybe was significant of how he died. Then throwing in the dichotomy of spring being associated with life.

That's the best I could make of it. Any one see that or something else?

Well..........................

To keep me watching to the end a slide show needs good quality music along with good quality and interesting pictures. Thats all I need. I don't need some deep meaning or story, but if there is one and the other qualities are there, great.

This doesn't have any of the qualities I look for.

However, remembering the story of the kings new clothes it would probably win gold medals. Judges would be worried tthat hey missed the meaning or point of it all and not wishing to admit that to anyone would say. Isn't it great isn't it grand etc etc.

Barry B

:rolleyes:

Thanks Barry for a perfect re-entry point for me.

The show you watched is actually a competition entry at creatingslideshows.com. We took out the spoken words and added music in instead to see what the reaction would be to it. This is part of an on-going discussion we're having there on using spoken words in sequences....quite interesting on the reactions.

So here's the actual show as intended by the author.

Thin Spring Air

I'm sure you'll find it quite a bit more interesting.

B)

I think I recognise the author of this sequence. The no longer necessary use of the Startup Window, the need to use Esc to close the show, the clever use of cloning and isn't the Aire a Yorkshire river. I think I had better pass on this one. Discretion is .........

Ron [uK]

Hello, Ron!

Personally, I like some old things like start-up windows.

They allow me to start when I decide and, on occasion, impart information.

I also like to leave folk in thought, rather than in darkness; hence the opportunity to switch off when you choose to do so.

And I'm also quite keen on words; that's why there were some with this Sequence, that is until "imfinewine" decided he would like to try this little experiment!

The whole thing, with and without words, was made from scratch in 6 hours on 23rd April 2005. At 5.30 pm on Saturday, there were no images, no words, no music, just one last minute idea. At midnight (my time) the Sequence (and later, the Sequences) were at www.creatinslideshows.com

Maybe there should have been no Sequence, but then I would be like too many other folk!

What a pity there are only ten Sequences in this little event; there are already as many "comments" on my little effort as there are Sequences.

The way to learn how to make good Sequences is to make them.

When I need to be over-exposed to win Gold medals, I'll quit!

Until then, I will continue to be delightfully surprised when I collect them.

When I don't, I usually keep quiet.

Like you Peter I am always making sequences or working on images for them, unfortunately mine do not come up to your high standards. One which I showed yesterday at Mid Thames AV Day was "Say it with Flowers". It started with me trying to emulate your method of building up an image by cross cloning from one image to another. I used some of my flower pictures, then, not wishing to waste my cloned effort I used it for the title to the sequence. Another sequence, which I showed yesterday was made after a Club outing to Lacock and was completed within 48 hours of the event complete with voice over.

As regards my comment on the Startup window, I agree with your reasoning. I use an image of some sort to return to after a sequence but my next sequence is under an invisible button and I can hold whilst I give a few words of explanation. For instance for our SCC AV Group productions this year I have placed portraits of the members around the Club logo with a hidden button beneath each to open up their particular sequence. There is also a button beneath the logo which will open up our combined effort on which we are working with arranged photoshoots.

I regret that I have not entered the event. I keep forgetting to go to the site and when I do I find that I have missed the closing date.

Ron [uK]

Any who may need convincing that there is more to AV than good images supported by music would do well to view one of the latest arrivals at Beechwood, "Portrait of The Author", and read the article downloaded at the same time. It is good to see this Sequence again and to realise the power our medium can show.

I hope even the deaf will be able to see the difference a good sound-track can make !!

Mind you, I bet there are a few who still "will not hear".