WnSoft Forums

Commercial music

AntAttack

Hello, I am new to the digital form of A.V. and this forum, but not A.V.'s after producing a few shows with the old kodak twin projectors etc. 23 years ago.

A question. Is there any problems with using a commercial music track on a A.V. show these days and placing the show on the web, without the musicians consent. Love to have a respond.

Hello

Well, there are no grey areas in this music copyright area and you will hear lots of views about it. You can get a licence for use on non commercial slide shows and that used to be through the Institute of Amateur Cinematographers.

Try HERE for the IAC

The other option is to purchase copyright free CD's like those HERE

Barry

Or you can purchase individual Royalty Free music tracks in various file formats. A quick search of the Web will bring up thousands of options. This way you get to choose exactly what you want rather than a buy a full CD of which only one track may be of interest to you.

Check out:

Here and here for example.

Steve

Music Copyright

Apart from 'Royalty Free Music' (see previous posts) - under Copyright Law you are legally allowed to use Commercial Music Samples - by this is meant, that you are allowed use up to 30 seconds of a Commercial Music Track as a 'sample or preview' for personal non-commercial usage. Samples may be distributed 'royalty free' provided credits are given to the:- Performing Artist, The Lyricist, The Media Maker and provided their is no monetary gain.

Brian.Conflow.

I noticed the offer made by GUIDO from Italy. I emailed him this morning and he replied already (just a few hours) with a link to where I can download the music that I selected from his site. The quality is excellent and I would like to recommend Guido to you all. Give him a try, you will not be disappointed!

Ron West.

Thank you Guido for your very speedy response.