WnSoft Forums

For Igor - New Suggestion

Lin Evans

Al,

Thanks for the tips. I was using windowed mode, but I see the same thing in full screen mode also.

I experimented some more, and here's the latest. With a 2 second transition, the shortest interval between transitions I could get "working" when previewed was 50 msec. (This is with a Pentium 4, 3.0 GHz, Windows XP, SP2, Hyperthreading enabled and no other programs running - and, yes the show is custom synched to a music track.)

I say working in "" because there is a noticable pause between transitions when I now try to push-transition 2 slides one after the other. So although each transition by itself is smooth, the net effect of a pan that I'm trying to achieve is lost as the pan hiccups half way. The produced AVI hiccups in the same way and the produced .exe still repeats the first slide twice. So it appears that even with the same settings on the same machine, the preview and the .exe behave differently and neither seems to produce a real pan.

I sure hope Igor plans something quite different for pan (and zoom). Something along the lines of what Roxio toast-with-jam is capable of doing. (Why on earth they don't port that to Windows is beyond me, but that's not the point here.)

Ray

Yes, I agree, Ray. However, I am sure Igor is working on this, along with the zoom capability, and it will likely be seamless. I suspect your 50 ms is still too short for the exe version.

I like to keep the panoramas in un-synched mode, totally under control of the nav bar or buttons placed in one corner of each image, and let the viewer explore the panorama at his or her leisure. The momentary pause betweeb frames then appears more natural.