WnSoft Forums

Copying slideshow to CD

LisaLisa

Hello

I take photos for community groups which I then sell to anyone interested. I wish to copy them to CD but in a way that others can only view and not copy.

I've looked at the tutorials and find them a bit confusing. Can you explain it in an easy "for a six year old to understand" way?

I have the full version and wish to show approx 100 photos at a time.

Thanks

LisaLisa

The simple answer is to suggest that the compressed versions of the images you save on a cd, whilst perfectly OK when viewed on screen, are hardly of printable quality.

So, IMHO, if people wish to "rip off" low resolution copies of my pics then they're welcome as they obviously can't appreciate the "real thing" anyway.

Hello Lisa,

I agree with Roger on this one. Keep your resolution very low (even below 72 will produce reasonable images for viewing purposes) Please remember to tell people that the pictures that they are viewing on your CD, will be low res and that if they purchase a print from you - it will be of much higher quality.

I have been following a recent thread on 'CD protection' and have now concluded that there is no way of preventing people from making copies of either the CD itself or its contents.

Ron West

Hi Lisa,

This seems a good place to throw in my 2 cents worth. If you are concerned about the viewer thinking the quality of your work not being up to par, then just add a generic high resolution image up front with a notation that it is typical of the quality that can be expected of the final production.

George

What has been implied, but not yet stated it that if the user can "see" the image they can "steal" the image they see. There is no present way to prevent screen capture utilities from capturing what is displayed in exactly the resolution it's displayed in. This is why the suggestions to not give the viewer a super high resolution screen shot of your images.

Of course another way to semi-protect them is to splash a huge copyright across the middle of a higher resolution image in such a way that even an expert in PhotoShop would have a difficult time using a clone tool to "fix" it so it was satisfactory.

This is about all you can really do. A computer expert will have absolutely no problem copying anything which can be displayed on the CRT.

Best regards,

Lin