WnSoft Forums

Is Quicktime required?

DaveG

I recommended P2E to someone over at the NIKONIANS forum and he gave it a try.

However during the installation 'he says' that the programme insisted on having to install QUICKTIME as part of the package.

I don't recall having to do this when I installed a year or two back. Anyone have any knowledge of what might be happening here?

He says he will not even try P2E if it means having to install Quicktime. (I don't think he likes it!).

DaveG

To:- Dave G

Hi Dave,

I looks like your friend had installed 'QuickTime' in the past and then decided to remove it from the PC:- Quicktime can not be fully removed from any PC with its generic 'Uninstaller' ~ it always leaves 'Common Files' & some of its own kind behind.

Also,during the previous Installation he asked 'Quicktime' to associate itself with all known Graphic and Music Files and also gave it priority to be "Always on Top" ~ Its not PTE that's asking for Quicktime, its the other way around,viz:-

A message appears saying that ~Quicktime is required to run this type of Program ~ thats Quicktime prompting the PC to generate that type of message.

Tell your friend to open the 'Control Panel' find Add/Remove Programs,open this and find Quicktime and remove it from there. Close and then Re-Start the PC and then do a 'Search/Find' for Quicktime and delete all references to it. Close again and Restart the PC.

He will find that both the PC and PTE will operate properly without any further interference.

Brian.Conflow.

PicturesToExe *never* contained QuickTime and never required it, of course!

Also produced .EXE slide-show does *not* require QuickTime.

All that you need it's even absolutely newely installed Windows 95,98,Me,NT4,2000,XP or 2003.