WnSoft Forums

Best Procedure for Actual Presentation

Fried

When I reach the point where Alan says "...enter your show name" I always click on the icon at the end of the space and browse for my application, click and it is entered correctly.

Ron [uK]

When you add a button in the object editor to run an action or another PTE show some care must be taken over the link. By right clicking the button, the link that is put into the action is OK if the show remains on your computer, but maybe not if you write it all to CD.

For example when you browse for the link to put into the button it may look something like this:

"c:/my computer/slide shows/title of show.exe"

Lest assume you have now written your slide show to a CD and the slide show is within a folder called slide shows, the link should look like this:-

"slide shows/title of show.exe"

The C:/my computer is now not required and will stop the link working. Its important also to leave in the "" marks for the link to run correctly. The solution is easy, just highlight what you don't want and edit it out, but it can lead to errors if you are not careful.

The other option is not to place any files in folders I guess, but that is not always practical, well not for me anyway.

Barry

Barry,

Just a further note on your good advice. It may be best for some to not include a folder name at all, unless you want the link to be to a particular separate folder such as "slide shows", as in your case.

It may be safest under some conditions to just dump all the necessary application files into the same folder as the "exe" files, and leave off any reference at all to a particular folder.

Of course, if you are sure you will always have the sub-folder, "slide shows", on every CD you produce, it is possible and effective to set it up as you describe.

Hi All ,

I agree with Al, if there are no volume letters then P2E only searches the volume where the .exe is. So if you make a front page show on a CD and only use the show name.exe then the file will be found.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the final version of the slideshow! Available from my website, you can drill down to it from here:

http://www.friedbits.com/photobits/sailing...snipe/index.php

or download the .exe file direct from here:

http://www.friedbits.com/PhotoBits/Sailing...USNationals.exe

It is rather large (46MB) and runs almost 10 minutes. As art, it should/could be shorter; however, the sailors love every second of it. Reading another thread in this forum, I saw the tip to go ahead and put it into a zip file to minimize download problems, which I will do tomorrow.

Suggestions or comments welcome! Thanks to everyone for making my first show such a big hit!

Fried

Hello Fried,

I watched your slide show and was very impessed, you clearly put a lot of work into this. However, I make the following comments and hope that they will assist with any of your future projects:-

1. Consider sizing your slides to be all the same, maybe even present them with a textured border.

2. You ended the show rather abruptly, try to add some ending credits, e.g. potographed by, music performed by, etc. and of course, a 'The End' slide with your email address clearly shown.

Ron West