WnSoft Forums

Exception EListError

Fried

I've had several people successfully download and play my presentation; however, today I had my first user reported error. An individual I know who is a pretty sharp guy tried to execute my slideshow after downloading the exe file from my website. When he tried to run it, he got this error message:

"Exception EListError in module Keane2005SnipeUSNationals.exe at 0007666F List index out of bounds (0)"

My slideshow can be downloaded from here:

http://www.friedbits.com/PhotoBits/Sailing...USNationals.exe

I used P2E version 4.42 to create the slideshow.

Question:

Searching the forum brought up some threads possibly attributing this error to ISP bandwidth/file size limitations. I'm assuming this is on the user's side, not mine since mine are effectively limitless (I have my site under a business package that has huge upper limits on bandwidth and storage). Is this relevant? Would it be a worthwhile exercise to zip the exe and have him try downloading the zip?

Anything else I can try? I love smashing bugs. :)

Fried

Hmmm... I just now downloaded myself here at work after seeing Ralph's post and I got a good copy. It ran okay.

The size of the file when downloaded to my comptuer is:

Size: 44.8 MB (47,036,448 bytes)

Size on disk: 44.8 MB (47,038,464 bytes)

I have asked my friend for the file size on his computer.

Something fishy here... :huh:

Fried

Fried

Must be a server problem ?

I have downloaded twice this morning - one less than 5 minutes ago.

Download size - 45.935 - KB

Properties - 47.038.464 Bytes

Ran fine !

Ken - give it another shot.

( By the way - Fried - Nice show well done )

This has me noodling...

I'm wondering if when P2E creates the exe it could include some sort of a checksum and if it could somehow include code in itself that before the show starts it checks that. Of course, if that is the part that is corrupted... :(

I'm also surprised that partial files are coming down. From what I understand of our ftp server (I am CEO of a data services company) our clients cannot download an "incomplete" file from us. My personal website is on a server with a different ISP. Our ftp server is our own and configured by my IT guys.

Your are right, we'll add checksum to help to learn about reason of the problem.

Usually it happens, if file is not properly downloaded (not only mistakes of web server, but it can be a mistake of download software) and case when virus damages EXE file.

Personally I never watched such error, so thanks to members of the forum, who found exact reason of such problems.

In light of reason when EXE file incorrectly downloaded, I found very useful to pack EXE file into ZIP archive. So if file will be damaged, you will know about it during attempt of unpacking.