WnSoft Forums

DIGITAL CAMERA - VIEWER

Conflow

DIGITAL CAMERA VIEWER

Have you ever been away from Home ? ~ On Vacation or on a Business Trip ? ~ and you have just taken a series of 'Digital Photographs' and now you are showing them off to friends or simply reviewing them...and that damn 2" Camera Monitor drives you mad because nobody can really see it...Well here's some good news !

www.visart.com have just released their New Series of "Album Photo Monitors" in 7"inch and 10½" inch Screen Sizes. Simply remove your Camera Card, stick it in the 'slot' and hit Play. Some versions play CD-Slide Shows' and DVD Shows with Sound and also with external outputs for Video + Sound. They also have 'built-in' TV Tuners.

Smaller than an A4 Sheet of Paper and ultra-slim with removable Picture Frame and 'Desk-Top Easel' and 'Wall hanger' working off 110/220 AC Adaptor, these devices are truly portable compared to the heavy awkard Portables & Laptops we are used to.

No I don't sell them ~ my intentions are purely to let you know that they exist and may be very useful to those on the move.

Brian.Conflow.

There have been some reviews of VISART's digital albums in some of the photo forums.....seems that the resolution of VISART's screen may be lacking. Suggest potential buyers check out reviews in photo forums like dpreview.com.

I don't sell them either...just an interested customer that passed them up a few months ago.

Cheers,

Jim

Something like this has been around for some time. There is one on my own site called a framer

The Framer is based on laptop componants, but to keep the price down the manufacturer uses components that work fine with Powerpoint, but not a PTE show, in the one I tried there is just not enough processing power.

I don't think we have ever sold one from the web site.

Perhaps these are different in some way

Barry

Hi Guys,

This 'Visart' is not a PC nor is it based on PC Components like 'The Framer' which Barry just described above.

The VisArt is a Camera Memory Card reader and it will read ALL common Camera Cards and display the contents on its Colour LCD Screen. It deploys a special 'Video-Graphics Chip' which not only processes the 'Camera Card' but it can also run a CD-Rom Disc and a DVD Disc....that's worth while for those on the move who want to review their work or give an 'Ad-Hoc' demo on site.

It's outstanding feature's are its 'Size,Weight and Portability' less than 1" thick and smaller than an A4 sheet of Paper...Laptops simply can't compete with that, try looking at a Laptop in sunlight or in a brightly lit Room...and as for the weight of it ?

Resolution can never be compared to a modern PC but its better that 'squinting' at a tiny Digital Camera Screen and much better than a TV which comes no where near a PC even given the same Screen size. The same applies to a lesser degree to HDTV Systems.

It's my opinion that 'Reviewers' display their ignorance when trying to compare 'Different Technologies'~ one can't compare '98 to XP, neither can one compare the VisArt Product to a PC ~ they are totally different technologies in all respects.

Its like everything in life, go try it and see....

Brian.Conflow.

Guest Techman1
It's my opinion that 'Reviewers' display their ignorance when trying to compare 'Different Technologies'~

This use to be such a friendly and helpful forum. I always hate to see comments like this here, it only brings down this forum to the level of so many others.

Let's all try to keep it as friendly as possible, what do you say!?!?! :D

I think that Brian was actually referring to "reviewers" in general - ie responding to

There have been some reviews of VISART's digital albums in some of the photo forums.....seems that the resolution of VISART's screen may be lacking. Suggest potential buyers check out reviews in photo forums like dpreview.com.
rather than having a dig at anyone!!

Ian

Techman

What do you find wrong in your quoted sentence? I am sure you must have read something there which is not apparent to me. You cannot say that Brian (Conflow) is not forever helpful in the extensive input that he makes to this forum. Long may he continue in the same vein.

Ron [uK]

The Framer I referred to was only a thin unit, but it was not successful. This kit does sound different and it would be great if it were battery powered as well as mains.

I was taking a few pictures Sunday of cars on a track and would have loved to see the odd sample of what I had on my card while I was still able to shoot some images. I was trying to get the amount of movement right with shutter speeds and panning etc, but the camera thumbnails don't show that as well as I wanted.

Even the 7 in version would be good enough for that, if it could be battery powered.

I found the 10 in version for about $350 and the 7 in at $230. Thats £127 for the 7in. I wouldn't mind seeing one of these in action.

Barry

Guest Techman1

Ron,

My comment was regarding the portion that reads, "Reviewers display their ignorance ". If like Ian suggests that Brian was referring to others on another forum, then I take back my comment completely. Hopefully that's what he meant.

Regards!

OOpps Guys,

Many thanks for the staunch support and speaking as an Engineer (and in general terms) it has been my experience that many 'Reviewers' simpy don't get their articles published unless its somewhat 'Newsy' ~ for the want of a better word !!.

I have great admiration for really good 'Reviewers' who know their business and who give an objective and unbiased view of a New Technology or Process and it's relative performance to other Products in that Technology Group. But there are those who attempt to make 'unfair comparisons' of Products (which are not in the least similar) and by that action they "knock" the reviewed Product and in so doing the Publics' perception of that product is tainted............What does one call that ?

To change the subject, and to Barry...You may have seen recent Ad's in Lidl, Aldi and Maplin for Car Viewers (like the ones used on Aircraft) where the 'Viewer' is hung over the rear of the Passenger or Drivers' seat so one can enjoy a DVD on a long journey? ~ the quality is very good and the Contrast Ratio is extremely wide ~ it's this Technology thats used in the VisArt Product.

Hope this zeros-in on the Technology used, as I said I don't sell them, my contribution was purely to let folks know that such a Product exists, being 'portable' it has limitations, but it may suit those on the move.

Brian.Conflow.