WnSoft Forums

Corsica

JPD

Hi,

Here is my last presentation Corsica which include 7 slideshows.

There are 2 exe files in the same zip file, the first one "Corse 2005" contains some informations about Corsica and the trip I did, there is also a menu to install, launch or uninstall the second one "Corse V2".

I did a trip in the north of the french island Corsica and made 7 little shows you can see from a menu, you can also see them both, as a big slideshow if you want.

Enjoy... and comments (negative or positive) .... are of course, welcome. :D

Thanks to d67 and dadou for their help

PS : I hope guru will see it.

JPD:

You are getting very creative in your shows (not that they weren't before). VERY nice (and extensive) prep work to get images ready for the shows.

I ran the 7 show "package" without installing, so I am not sure why the need to install/un-install.

Can you provide us with the "recipe" for your frames. (PhotoShop instructions for making them - I have instructions for making "tighter" frames and have been unsuccessful in making for spacious frames)

We have watched two of ther shows so far. (Speaking for myself, I hope the music choice is different for the other shows and varies with the shows.)

I am not sure who you put the seven shows in the one .exe file. Can you explain please.

I frequently run several shows from a single screen, but those shows are run from separate .exe files, referred to through OBJECTS. I like the idea of embedding the exe files in one file rather than having several .exe files in a presentation. (Sometimes things don't work too well, when the multi .exe files version is transferred to another computer.)

Thx

JRR :

First excuse my bad english :( , and I am not sure to understand all what you write, but I try to answer the best I can :) :

I ran the 7 show "package" without installing, so I am not sure why the need to install/un-install.

As it may take a long time on an old PC, when you launch Corse V2, it installs the files in a directory, it's the reason for which there is an uninstall tool.

Can you provide us with the "recipe" for your frames. (PhotoShop instructions for making them - I have instructions for making "tighter" frames and have been unsuccessful in making for spacious frames)

I did them, each after the other, without instructions, with Paintshop Pro V6, it's a long time to do them. I use the "Copyright logo" function to put the main frame. All the slides are made with objets (as for my other shows)

We have watched two of ther shows so far. (Speaking for myself, I hope the music choice is different for the other shows and varies with the shows.)

I am not sure to understand what you mean, but for these shows about Corisica, I used for 6 of them Corsican's songs. For my others slideshows, I generally use classic music. (and sometimes Nana Mouskouri's songs)

I am not sure who you put the seven shows in the one .exe file. Can you explain please.

There aren't 7 PTE files to do this show but 21 plus a Granot's utility, so there are 22 files to do it. One of god way is to use a tool as Winrar, but there are some problems with it when using the temporary file function, it the reason for which this show is "installed" and can be uninstall.

Nota : sometimes there are 3 PTE files running at the same time, but it works correctly on an old PC with a 466 Mhz clock.

I frequently run several shows from a single screen, but those shows are run from separate .exe files, referred to through OBJECTS. I like the idea of embedding the exe files in one file rather than having several .exe files in a presentation. (Sometimes things don't work too well, when the multi .exe files version is transferred to another computer.)

It the reason for wich I used Winrar, I did another version with another tool wich do the same thing by another way.

JP:

merci pour vos responses, j'ai vous envoye un e-mail pour expliquer mon point du musique.

(Thanks for your responses, I have sent you an e-mail (in broken french ;) to explain my music comment)

Bonjour M. Dollangère!

In general I don't post comments about slideshows and diaporamas, but this time I'll make an exception to the rule. Your "Corsica" not only has very good pictures, but demonstrates the possibilities of PTE. Seven diaporamas perfectly organized, and a clear menu to choose the subject!

All my compliments, Jean-Pierre!

Bonjour Guido,

Thank you for "exception to the rule" and "compliments". I have work on 3 slideshows during the last months to see all we can do with PTE, and we can do many, many things. Of course I also found many problems, often with a solution, and I have put several requests, but I'll send you in french (it's easier for me) all the problems I found and the requests.

Once a more, thank you Guido

Salut Jean-Pierre !

7 shows with only 140 Mo ....

I saw a great number of different views . How many different views have you put in the full Corsica ?

I imagine that the systematic use of objects is one of the reasons ?

You did, as always, a good demonstration of PTE posibilities !

Congratulations, Jean-Pierre !

Bonjour Daniel,

I don't know exactly how many photos I used neither how many views there are but it's more than 400. My first idea was to make 2 slideshows between 10 and 12 minutes each, but after testing them I decide to change and to make something different, with a menu and seven slideshows between 4 and 8 minutes each, I think it's easier to see.

• 3 weeks later...

Very surprised,

I am very surprised that so many people have downloaded a so big slideshow.

I only hope that everybody enjoy it.

Thanks to all people who send me a mail

I am very surprised that so many people have downloaded a so big slideshow.

I only hope that everybody enjoy it.

Why ?

Very good shots, very interesting tour of Corsica and a stuning technical performance.

Despite this technical "machinery", your slideshow(s) is behaving very smooth... a great performance.

A labour of Hercules ! Will be very hard to imitate !

Thank you very much you for sharing.

• 4 weeks later...
You are right, I wanted to explore , as did my friend JP.Dollangère, the capacities of PTE ; I did not use exactly the same way....

I take this from the post about "Old Ladies". We both use the same first idea which was the result of the work of Patrick Bantzhaff, Daniel Laugier and myself : use at the same time several PTE's files (I succeeded to use 5 files at the same time on an old Armada Compaq). The problem is there are too many PTE files for the show, and if one is lost, the show doesn't work, so we had the idea to put all the PTE's file in one Winrar's exe file.

The most important difference beetween "Old Ladies" and "Corsica" is in the use of Winrar. Daniel use the function "Unzip in a temporary directory" and me in a Program Files' directory, so I added an uninstall tool.

When you launch Corsica, it only unzip the first time you see it, and when you launch Old Ladies you unzip it each time, so it's longer to start, but you haven't to uninstall the program. Another way I use : it's to use what Patrick found : Install Creator.

I tried to explain the best I can, excuse my poor english.