WnSoft Forums

IPTC - Objects and Animation - Problem

beellecee

Hello

I am wondering if there are any specific guidelines for using IPTC to populate a text box in the objects and animation section? So far I have not had any success with "caption" which I presume refers to IPTC "description". The metadata exists and can be found by DXO or Imatch but does not seem to pull through from tiff files within PTE. In fact no IPTC seems to show. I use sidecar files - not sure if this is an issue though as the IPTC is embedded anyway.

PTE latest version, Windows 10

Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

B

17 minutes ago, davegee said:

Hello Dave - thankyou for the quick reply. Actually I had already seen this before. I am actually returning to PTE after a time away so am a little familiar with it. What I am struggling with is that PTE does not seem to be finding my IPTC which is strange. I use Imatch for metadata which is normally very precise. Have attached an example of an IPTC command that is producing nothing - just blank. Very strange!

iptc.PNG

Post a problem JPEG here so that one of us can confirm your problem?

P.S. I have tried one of mine and the available IPTC content is limited the only one that I can get to work is Copyright. Maybe we should ask Igor to look at one of your JPEGs and comment?

DG

2 hours ago, davegee said:

Post a problem JPEG here so that one of us can confirm your problem?

P.S. I have tried one of mine and the available IPTC content is limited the only one that I can get to work is Copyright. Maybe we should ask Igor to look at one of your JPEGs and comment?

DG

I have just done an experiment creating a blank file in affinity, then loading test IPTC/XMP into it. Seems that the text profiles for pulling IPTC within PTE work with jpeg, but not tiff. Maybe it was mentioned in the manual but I did not see it?

EDIT: I used a blank test file in case my IPTC/XMP was corrupt :)

AFF IPTC TEST PTE.JPG

On 9/20/2021 at 3:55 PM, Igor said:

Hi,

Thanks for your interest to PTE AV Studio!

Currently EXIF/IPTC meta-tags work only for JPEG images and only for a Main image object - a main object of a slide.

You can see Main object: "1" in the Properties tab of the Objects and animation editor. It indicates that this image works with meta-tags.

We plan to add meta-tags for other images on a slide in future version 11.0. Also we'll try to add a support for PNG images, not sure about TIFFs.

ok. I was reinventing the wheel! lol! Igor has said that JPEG are the only images that work in PTE for IPTC. 

Appreciate the help though Dave @davegee

B

Insert Text Template (IPTC)

Follow up:

Using Photoshop's "File Info" I added the category name to all IPTC categories for an image and then saved the image. I opened the image in PTE and added a Text Template for all of the available IPTC categories. All categories showed a result although the description did not always match.

IPTC-SLIDE1.thumb.jpg.b9c06b6bf588b4d5fa91f36c90634bc8.jpg

Note that:

The Image is designated "Main Image - Index 1"

Multiple Images on the same slide can have Text Templates added by designating the Main Image Indexes 1,2,3 etc. When adding the Text Template it is then necessary to edit the Text <%MainImg1.FileName%> to <%MainImg2.FileName%> etc

DG