WnSoft Forums

Audio editing

David Bleazard

I don't know how to edit sound tracks downloaded from CD's when I don't need the whole piece of music. Any ideas?

I want to 'crop' soundtracks I guess!

Also when I purchase music on the net it shows as 'protected' and can't be dragged into slide shows for the audio track. Any one know if this 'protected' command can be removed? I realise copyright issues are at stake.

Thanks, David

I don't know how to edit sound tracks downloaded from CD's when I don't need the whole piece of music. Any ideas?

I want to 'crop' soundtracks I guess!

Also when I purchase music on the net it shows as 'protected' and can't be dragged into slide shows for the audio track. Any one know if this 'protected' command can be removed? I realise copyright issues are at stake.

Thanks, David

First, you will probably want to convert your audio to MP3 for inclusion in your slideshows. You can do that with any number of inexpensive software solutions. Next you need to edit the songs and as mentioned in the other threads that takes a sound editor. I'm not certain about some types of "copy protection" on the downloaded songs, but it's quite likely this will be lost when you convert from the base format to mp3, etc...

There are many good ones including the ones mentioned. Audacity is free and very powerful but you will need to pay a small fee to get the codec for using it to convert to MP3 from the default format or from WAV format.

Editing sound in these editors is very, very easy once you get the hang of what's going on. Essentially you can simply select a portion of the song just like you would select a few words or a sentence using a text editor. You can then cut, paste, etc. You also can select a "portion" and apply effects such as fades or change volume, etc. You can cut and paste ad string together segments of numerous songs and save as a new mp3 file. You can combine any number of selections into a new file. In short, you have nearly complete control with a good sound editor.

Use the links provided in the other posts, download and try them - you won't be dissapointed...

Lin