WnSoft Forums

Afternoon Journey

LumenLux

4:19 PM 9/7/2005

LOG FOR

ROBERT "LUMENLUX" TEST

LUMENLUX [ROBERT RICHMOND P2E]

LumenLux@do-some-good.com

Just posted on Beechbrook, my Afternoon Journey is a pleasant 3 minute view I think.

ROBERT

CRT TYPE MONITOR SCREEN SIZE 19"

USING AN ATI ALL IN WONDER GRAPHICS CARD 9000

AVAILABLE RESOLUTIONS FROM CARD

800X600

1024X768

1152X864

1280X765

1280X960

1280X1024

1600X1200

STARTING RESOLUTION = 800X600

NOTE -- I DO NOT PLAN ON USING MONITOR CONTROLS TO FILL SCREEN DURING TESTS

FULL SCREEN NO BORDERS WITH 1024X768 SHOW

FULL SCREEN NO BORDERS WITH 1280x960 SHOW

STARTING RESOLUTION = 1024X768

1024X768 SHOW 1/4" BORDER TOP AND BOTTOM -- 7/16" VERTICAL SIDES

CREDIT IMAGE AT END OF SHOW 6 3/8" W X 4 3/4" HI

1280x960 SHOW 1/4" BORDER TOP AND BOTTOM -- 7/16" VERTICAL SIDES

CREDIT IMAGE AT END OF SHOW 6 3/8" W X 4 3/4" HI

STARTING RESOLUTION = 1280 X 960

-- MONITOR SCREEN HAS SHIFTED TO LEFT 1/8" LEFT 9/16" ON RIGHT AND HAS SHIFTED SLIGHTLY UP 1/4" TOP - 5/16" BOTTOM

1280 X 960 SHOW BASICALLY THE SAME AS THE OTHER SHOW

THE WATER DROPS ON LILY PADS ARE SHARP ON ALL SETTINGS

I WOULD SUGGEST WHEN MAKING A TEST SHOW THAT YOU GIVE FULL CONTROL OF THE SHOW AND MUSIC IS NOT NECESSARY -- THE TEST MIGHT HAVE BEEN DONE A LOT FASTER

GREAT SCENES -- there is a picture going around called " God Spilled the Paint" your hills and valley shots remind me of that one

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/vi...ic.php?t=10173&

God spilled the paint.....

The east side of the Carrizo plain, in the Temblor Range, about 50 miles due west of Bakersfield, California. Photo taken by Barbara Mathews May 14. 2005

Nothing man can do could ever equal the glory of God's creations

KEN

Thanks Ken. What software or set up do you use for writing all your "log" entries on various activities - such as this "test" and your many DVD burns etc.?

You are probably right about simplifying a test. In this case, the presentation was largely underway when the resolution topic tweaked my interest to use this show as a test medium.

As for the colorful vistas - The overall scenes are always beautiful, any season. But the flowers this year are more abundant than I can remember and were probably a month later than usual because of the heavy snowpack of last winter. We were still getting new ski-able snow in June. Now, a month after the flower pix we have a mild touch of fall in the air.

Did you also evaluate the two shows on your personally preferred 800x600?

i use the original editpad classic for my logs -

http://www.jgsoft.com/

-it is set up as my default text editor - no longer available - editpad lite and pro replaced it - simple and has no limitation as to file size ms notepad is limited to 64 kb i believe

i ran both shows on all 3 settings

800X600

1024X768

1280X960

still prefer 800/600

easier on my tired eyes:)

as you have stated many times "likely Ken has the show" - yes i generally d/d' all mentioned and do view most of them them at 800/600 -- am absolutly astounded by some shows -we has some great photographers on this forum - no fun for me to take picts anymore -- body dont move where i want to get -- would like to be able to convert some of the d/l'ds to dvd to sit/lay back and enjoy :rolleyes:

ken

Hi Lumenlux, :D

I will do no comments here about screenresolutions etc etc...but only on the contents of the show....

It is very nice and you make someone feel to want to be there standing in this beautiful mountainous region...with very colorful and abundant fieldflowers.....and especially the nice opening of the show...very smooth awakening of nature.....only as always there is some point of criticism.....

The weather is not always very super and shiny...which results in some darker pictures with white skies...well you cannot have them all....but this can be compensated by taking some pictures with color in them....like taking some close ups from some fieldflowers or from a group of flowers..... and especially with this kind of weather the colors are very saturated...and not so harsh as it would be in very sunny conditions.

And the music well...that is always very personal....though it does fit the images.....

So again a very nice show.....and I feel your shows are increasing in quality....but that is as always my personal opinion.

thanks again

Michel Verhoef ;)

PS. By the way..Congratulations with your contestresult within the summer fun competition....

Michel, thank you for your interest. Congratulations to you for your winning presenentation, North Sea Jazz. It is superb. At this moment, I can think of no criticism or suggestion. I just simply enjoyed your presentation because it is so well done.

As you know, most my sequences are very different than your artistry. Yes, I try to improve them, and use sometimes new techniques, but mostly my sequences are intended first as a nice way for people to view the photos.

I agree with your comments about plain white sky in landscape photos. Recognizing the bland sky as I shot photos that afternoon, I tried to include less sky in each photo unless the sky had some interesting character. I think there were maybe only 2 or 3 photos that had interesting sky. This is why my angles tried to include more at the flowers with the horizon only showing near the top of the frame.

....but this can be compensated by taking some pictures with color in them....like taking some close ups from some fieldflowers or from a group of flowers..... and especially with this kind of weather the colors are very saturated...

Yes, I should have considered more close-ups perhaps. I guess the water lily was the only close-up. Usually, the close-ups of wild flowers is what I do. We do not often have the large fields of color. If you have seen my Angels Landing and The Subway, I try there to make better use of flower close-ups.

In your comment (quoted above) how do you mean I could use the close-ups? Do you mean to make some blended photos in Photo Shop to put the flower colors into the same slide with bland, white/gray sky? Or do you mean just to have additional slides showing some flower close-ups?

Well about...NSJ...contrary to you I have even criticism about my own production...but this keeps me sharp in what I do the next time, trying to do even better and preventing making the same "mistakes"....

But now about your question. I did mean to say..... just to have additional slides showing some flower close-ups...... you did also take a shot from beneath pointed upwards to show some flowers....this type of picture is mostly very interesting and keeps your attention focused.....which is what we all want of course.....and with the modern cameras of today where you can tilt the viewer makes everything a lot easier, within this context.

The other shows....I do not remember them....but up to now I have been very selective in watching shows due to my slow connection speed...I selected the shows by reading the comments first in this forum (but this has changed now, because now I have a fast connection)....so I can watch them again...if I can find them.....

well for now

Michel Verhoef ;)