WnSoft Forums

Two Problems

HaroldB

Igor,

I think these are two old problems, but I wonder if they can possibly be fixed in this release.

1) Currently, in a synched show, if the slide transition time plus the time PTE needs to physically load the slide exceeds the time specified for the slide to stay on the screen, PTE acts weird during execution. Most of the time, it appears to stutter, blinks, shows the same slide a few times, and then skips some slides and usually catches up to the music.

The problem here is that the "time PTE needs to physically load the slide" varies from machine to machine. This means that the show may run perfectly on a developor's machine, but then fail (embarrassingly, of course) on somebody else's slower machine.

This problem comes up often on this forum, and it would be good if you could fix it once and for all. I don't know exactly how PTE functions inside, but if possible, I'd advocate shortening the transition time to the remaining slide duration time.

Let's say that a slide load starts at time 200 and the next slide is supposed to come on at time 1000 and the transition for the slide is specified to take 760 time units. If PTE can "see" that the physical load of the slide took more than 40 time units, it should realize that it will not have enough time to do the whole transition. It should, I think, automatically speed up the transition, so that, for example, if it took it 60 time units to load the slide, the transition will automatically shorten from 760 time units to 740 time units.

Justification: This problem comes up very frequently and upsets developers, especially new ones, who don't yet know to be careful about this. The shortening in transition times will be small enough to not be noticed in most cases, and it's much better to do that than to stutter and lose slides completely.

2) On the PTE main window, clicking either on a slide in the file list or a slide in slide show is supposed to show a small preview of the slide in the little picture sub-window. Occasionally, when I click on a slide in the slide show, the picture does not update. The only reliable way I have found to get the picture updating again is to close and re-open the slide show. Can this small annoyance be fixed?

Thanks a lot for considering these!

Harold

1) I totally agree with you concerning this problem. I will try to write speeding-up of a transition effects, if too small time before the next slide.

Will post a message about result in this topic.

2) We need to reprodue that problem. But I'll check the code for potentialy problem places.