WnSoft Forums

Slide and Transition Durations

jevans

Can anyone tell me what governs the minimum time interval between slides. If I have a slide of say 2 sec duration with a transition time of 1900 ms if I try to place the next slide at 2 sec on the timeline, it sometimes repeats itself. To correct this I seem to have to increase the first slide time a little to say 3 sec to avoid the second slide repeating, i.e reduce the transition time as a proportion of the overall slide time. Is it not possible to have the transition time almost the same as the slide time?

I am using version 4.42

Thanks

jevans

In reply to the questions from Igor and Michel, the files are 1024 x 768 and vary in size from about 250kB to 400 kB. My processor is an AMD Athlon XP2600 333Mhz, 512 MB L2 cache and my graphics card is a Sapphire Radeon 9200 128MB DDR VIVO.

As my picture and file size are those generally recommended for PTE, I don't think that this is relevant. I would be suprised if my processor and graphics card were a limitation also. I am trying to get a number of images to follow each other quickly with long transition times for each slide.

Thanks

jevans

Michel,

I am trying to get the effect where the transsition lasts for the whole of the slide time and then goes straight into the next slide. This is what is happening. If I add two slides each having a duration of 4 s and a transition time of 3.95 s, and then preview the show, there is a noticeable pause between the first and second slides. If I now add some blank music so I can see the timeline and I play the show from the timeline window, the timing is correct, i.e. the fist slide transition ends at 3.95 s and then the next slide plays straight away. HOWEVER, if I now close the timeline window and preview the show using the "preview" button, there is a pause between the slides. I do not understand this.

Also, if having added music, you try to adjust the slide transition and timing from within the timeline window, you can get the result that the first slide shows more than once. Then you have to make a gap between the slides to make the show work properly.

jevans