WnSoft Forums

Old ladies

dadou

You can find here on Cottage, my last slide show.

During three days, we had the centenary of the Gordon-Bennet cup ; it was a meeting of 150 historical vehicles, all made before 1920 ...

They came from various countries , Mexico included !

A special thanks to Jean-Pierre Dollangère and Patrick Bantzhaff for their help !

I hope you will enjoy to see these historical cars in movement ....

Thank you for your comments !

Daniel,

Which splendid photographs of so marvellous old cars. It's a true encyclopedie about car. And the use of PTE is well done. It is the best way of promoting PTE.

How many time do you work to do it ?

Thanks for sharing

A great work, Daniel ! Such slideshows demonstrate not only the bravery of the author, but also the capabilities of PTE.

But you must explain to me why these "Old Ladies" open so slowly (about 50 sec. on my AMD 2500+). Other slideshows even larger (as JPD's "Corsica") open in two-three seconds.

Thank you very much, Guru !

You are right, I wanted to explore , as did my friend JP.Dollangère, the capacities of PTE ; I did not use exactly the same way....

It was the only way for me to put in an unique container all these pics ...

50 sec is a long time ....

Please, I shall wrote to you in french ... because, as you see, my english is very poor !!!

I can say you that there are 16 exe with an one PTE support , and perhaps it is the reason ... :(

• 3 weeks later...

Copy from topic about Corsica :

You are right, I wanted to explore , as did my friend JP.Dollangère, the capacities of PTE ; I did not use exactly the same way....

I take this from the post about "Old Ladies". We both use the same first idea which was the result of the work of Patrick Bantzhaff, Daniel Laugier and myself : use at the same time several PTE's files (I succeeded to use 5 files at the same time on an old Armada Compaq). The problem is there are too many PTE files for the show, and if one is lost, the show doesn't work, so we had the idea to put all the PTE's file in one Winrar's exe file.

The most important difference beetween "Old Ladies" and "Corsica" is in the use of Winrar. Daniel use the function "Unzip in a temporary directory" and me in a Program Files' directory, so I added an uninstall tool.

When you launch Corsica, it only unzip the first time you see it, and when you launch Old Ladies you unzip it each time, so it's longer to start, but you haven't to uninstall the program. Another way I use : it's to use what Patrick found : Install Creator.

I tried to explain the best I can, excuse my poor english.