WnSoft Forums

"Snap to Slide' in Timeline

Greetings!  Relatively new PTE AV Studio.  It has been a learning curve but not as big as I thought it would be! (Still lots to learn though).

I have used Proshow Producer and currently use Adobe Premiere.  I mention those two platforms because I'm used to being able to move audio or video without the timeline moving.  I am having a tough time to make PTE operating in a similar manner and I'm sure I am missing something elementary.

I am timing a slideshow and want to move a specific slide to a specific point in the timeline without the timeline moving.  However, when I click on the slide to move it (and the slides occurring after) the timeline jumps to the slide I clicked on and I lose the specific point on the timeline I want to move the slide to.

I have looked through the settings in PTE as well as the in the forums and the online manual but cannot find a setting that will disable this.  Am I missing something?  A modifier, perhaps?  If not, do I need to change my technique or workflow (or thinking :) ) to work with how PTE operates in the Timeline mode?

Carl Belawske