WnSoft Forums

Icon for an EXE and AVI movie calling

manny2003

Could someone please show me how I can assign an Icon for my newly compiled .EXE, such that when someone installs or clicks on that icon, my .EXE will start its show? Thank you.

By the way, the program I downloaded that is supposed to start an introductory AVI 'locks' my pc. I've done it 3 times already today and have to reboot each time. The pc where I downloaded it to runs in an XP.

The only way I was able to run an AVI was thru a batchfile. I put my movie.avi in the root directory. I also made a copy of microsoft media player in the root directory (3 components that I copied from Windows directory). Then I made a batchfile which I called inside the EXE created by PicturesToExe.

Supposed the batchfile name is STARTER.BAT, the commands I put inside it are:

@echo off

cls

wmplayer "movie1.avi"

This can be run within the EXE, before an EXE, or after an EXE created by a PicturesToExe program.

By using the wmplayer of Windows, one can turn on/pause/off the movie, resize the player anytime.

I'm still looking for a way to turn an AVI into an EXE. I used to have one created by Cyberlink but I lost my CD. It is their version 3.8 that converts AVI to EXE, not the version 4.