WnSoft Forums

Selling slide shows?

CKAJCA

Can anyone advise me? I have a business idea which involves me producing tailored slide shows for clients.

The show would then be supplied to the client on CD or DVD for running on a PC. I would also be producing

a copy on DVD for playback on a DVD player connected to a TV. If the client has a web site then I would

also make the show available for download. In some cases I would be taking the photographs

myself or they may be provided by the client. When the CD/DVD has been supplied to the client they will be

giving away the CDs/DVDs to their customers in order to promote their business.

Has anyone done something similar? How would I charge for such a service? By the hour? By the number of

slides in each presentation? etc. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Guest Techman1

CKAJCA,

Welcome to the forum and to PTE. I've done various projects along this same line and here is how I charge typically:

Creation Fee for each project (this covers my time to assemble the slideshows)

Charge per Photo (Scanning vs Digital is at a higher charge)

Creation Fee for custom CD/DVD Label Creation

Creation Fee for custom CD/DVD Cover (if desired)

Charge per CD/DVD (I typically include one or two with the project and then charge for each additional)

I create a contract outlining this to my clients and have them sign. Typically there is a minimum project fee no matter how many photos are included. That way I get enough money out of each project to make it worth the time involved. I also ask for 50% of the minimum up front prior to working on each project.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Fred

Fred

Thanks for your comprehensive reply. It was very useful. I have a big ask of you. I know that you are in the USA and I am in the UK but could you put some money values to your charges. it would help me a great deal. if you would prefer to contact me by e-mail direct then that would be fine.

Guest Techman1

Colin,

It was good speaking with you via email. Good luck in your search for additional pricing ideas. Maybe someone else here on the forum has some ideas that they are willing to share on this topic!

Regards,

Fred

In addition to Fred's pricing layout which is right on

Know who you are dealing with

and get 50% money up front -- in cash -- no cheques

if they are not willing to accept these terms they are going to screw you and you do not need their business

and remember they only friend you have is in your purse or back pocket B)

ken