WnSoft Forums

Auto save change

I like the Autosave option but I do not like how it works as it overwrites the original file I started editing.  I would prefer it if the Autosave addred a suffix to the file name say "auto" plus an incrementing number so I can go back to an earlier file in that session.  This increment could be reset for each editing session.

As I work round I now open the file to work on and immediately save it as working.pte - That is if I remember.  It would be better if I did not have to do this.

The option to switch this behaviour would be need if you were short of disk space.

In settings/Preferences/Project you can tick the 'save a copy of the project in a .bak file  (in PTE11)

This does at least give you the option to go back to the previous change.

I never use the Autosave option for the reasons you state & prefer to do a Save As with a new name (increment) every so often.

With your suggestion you could end up with an awful lot of copies & not know which changes had been applied to each

Jill

What you say is more or less what I do.  I also frequently save my working file with an incremented number that at the end of a session I save as the original file name and deletete all the working files.