WnSoft Forums

Suggestion to Igor for improvement 4.00

Michel

Michel,

I agree with you - this is something that could be useful, and would be very easy to add. (In fact, I recently added it as a feature in my "Adjustor" model. Of course, it's a natural feature to add to a spreadsheet.)

Along with the information about the transition rate, the total time would be a useful addition to the time-line synchronization window.

I agree with you - this is something that could be useful, and would be very easy to add

Yes AL, you understood, it is indeed of it about which it is a question !

Doesn't PTE already display the duration of the music in the timeline window

Harold, what you said to it we let us know all: please read AL's answer....

Harold,

The time shown now in PTE is just the music duration.

What Michel is requesting, and it could be easily given, is the sum of all the default and customized times, plus any transition times, in the case of a non-synchronized show.

This would even be useful in a synchronized show, in comparing the programmed times with the music duration. (Of course one can get an idea by looking at the timeline, but only if custom timing is selected).

What I'd like to see is the -calculated time- PTE has determined each slide will be when you do a non-custom synchronized show. This should be the total length of the music, divided by the number of slides = slide duration. Yes, I can figure this out with a calculator, but PTE must be doing it anyway, can't it be displayed somewhere?

What I'd like to see is the -calculated time- PTE has determined each slide will be when you do a non-custom synchronized show

Yes...when the parameters ar slide one = 2s, slide two = 4s, slide three = 1s........and more,

it's very unpleasant to await the preview and to take a stop watch to calculate time before the choice of the music...

Did Wnsoft hear?

If I've understand rightly, I have to say, that it's impossible to exactly determine duration of the all presentation in the not-synchronized mode.

We only can show progress bar on the Navigation bar or show an expected time (without taking time for preparing of slides).

And it will not suitable for Random show order.

I would also assume it would be impossible to exactly determine the function you desire Michele.

I imagine it may be possible to show you some #s you may want to see on your settings while building your shows. And also assuming if that info is supplied ... it should only display the info your desire at that particular instance.

As each time you save and reopen your PTE build file ... the numbers would inevitably have to change due to your PCs resources and load changes. So the issue of the supplied info ... is not going to be consistant and very useful in my opinon ... it may well be more confusing due to the ever changing of display settings.

But as to actual display accuracy on your own PC and other USERS PCs once compiled ... the timing as we all know varies pc to pc by many variables during the actual excution of play.

Bottom line is ... you may well possibly see your settings during the build ... but at play time the settings become null .. the show must be SYNC and not MANUAL.

But then again ... maybe Im reading this request differently ? :huh:

I think it would still be useful to see the numbers. Then one could add in a correction factor for one's own pc configuration. It may not be 100% accurate, but should be pretty close, and at least give one a feel for what to expect.

I don't know why allowance for some of this overhead can't be programmed into PTE. If it is possible to sync a show, which uses timing from a music track, then it should be possible to design PTE so that a show exactly follows one's time commands, even if they are only the default ones. My pc clock is off by a few seconds after a few days, but this shouldn't be enough to throw off the timing for a show.

Al

Your point is noted.

But how would it be possible to correct the Music track time line at runtime to follow the Picture Time settings you make ?

If the picture settings is the contolling element of how the show is played at runtime ... Wouldnt the Music have play slower for faster accordingly to meet the demands of the Picture Timing on each PCs capibilities ?

Michel,

I know you had asked for this in an earlier post and I supported you since I, too, would like to see this added to the capablility of P2E. When I "build" a non-sync slide show, I (1) start with the slides which have Project Opions Default durations as well as varying Personalized duration and effect of transition times, and (2) then add the music by selecting songs which closely match the expected duration of the slide show. I can then, if I want, adjust the Personlized duration of individual slides or the Project Opions default duration to add or subtract milliseconds to the music. If the music is slightly longer than the slide show on my computer, I can also "Close Show After the Last Slide". To me anyway, ending the slide show before the music ends is not that big a deal.

I sure hope Igor can add this capablility. It would sure beat having to play the slide show to a figure out an approximate playing time and again to roughly balance the show & music...Harvey

So wouldnt this mostly be a "Give your Best Guess" feature just to aid you to insert a particular Music File for its play time value to meet the Pictures Timeline?

Again ... what happens at runtime when these values dont do as you intended ? Just more adjustments ?

But how would it be possible to correct the Music track time line at runtime to follow the Picture Time settings you make ?

If the picture settings is the contolling element of how the show is played at runtime ... Wouldnt the Music have play slower for faster accordingly to meet the demands of the Picture Timing on each PCs capibilities ?

No, the music would have to be the boss, as we can't allow anything to interrupt it or slow it down, etc. But PTE does give us the music timing.

Now all we need is something to make the slides and transitions act the way we want them to, either synchronized to the music (which Igor has given us, and which works quite well, thank-you :huh: ), or else non-synchronized, in which case they would be timed more or less independently of any music.

Or, there may not be any music at all. Or, it could be a narrated show, with the narration keyed separately to each slide, and could end before the designated time on screen for the slide itself.

But we should be able to know all along, the impact of our designated times on the total time for the show in these non-synchronized cases.

Right, Michel? :)