WnSoft Forums

Strasbourg

d67

On Beechbrook Cottage, Bill's PTE downloading page, you will find Strasbourg, my last slideshow.

It is intended as a stroll in some of my home town's central streets preparing, end november, the Christmas illuminations.

Strasbourg is the capital and principal city of the Alsace region of northeastern France.

It is also the capital of Europe and houses numerous international institutions (seat of the European Parliament, the Council of Europe, the European Commission and the Court of the Human Rights,...)

My home town has proclaimed itself, since a few years, capital of Christmas.

I took all shots with a bridge, a Minolta Dimage 7HI

For the night shots, I made use of a very little table tripod I laid where I could (streets lights, house frontages, benches , handrails, ...).

I took these shots in RAW format and also set the sensibility to ISO 100 and under exposed systematically (- 0.7IL to -2IL for the bright lighted streets). Exposure times ranged from 1/4 sec to 1 sec at f3.5.

Your comments are welcome

strasbourgmap28ia.jpg

Patrick,

This is a wonderful tour of a very beautiful city! Especially at night.

I enjoyed your slideshow very much - the synching was right on, and I liked the change in tempo and mood for the night sequences. And the images are very good, too. I think this is one of your best shows.