WnSoft Forums

Multiple PTE shows on DVD

alrobin

Just wanted you all to know that I have finally managed to burn a DVD disk with 4 PTE shows, including a functioning menu introduction. One of the shows includes 4 smooth "push" (pan) transitions in a row. And all this directly from the temporary PTE "avi" files, without first creating intermediate "avi" files.

I have Premiere "Elements" 1.0. Apparently Elements 2.0 is out now, and is supposed to offer custom menu capabilities - the menus in version 1.0 don't offer much in the way of personal preferences. Pinnacle offers many more options for transitions and menu designs.

"Elements" sells for US $99.

Hi Al,

There is an alternative to this.

If you have a HDD/DVD recorder you can make each show individually (on a DVD-RW) and transfer to your HDD recorder.

Then you can compile as many as will fit onto a 4.7G 1 Hour DVD.

If you are prepared to sacrifice a little quality you can change the MODE and go to 1.5 or even 2 hours on a DVD (I don't recommend that though).

Menu wil depend on the make of your HDD/DVD recorder.

Making different compilations for different people becomes very simple (and much quicker) - 13 minutes for a 1 hour DVD in my case.

DaveG

Thanks, Dave,

Instead of putting each show onto a DVD-RW, I can also "export" them in "file" mode to the HD, and then copy them all over to the DVD disk when they are all ready.

I seem to have the process resolved for "ordinary" DVD's - now, with Ralph and Ken's help, I'm trying to get the parameters right for making HDTV disks. PTE's "pan" transition is a good way to test whether the vertical and horizontal dimensions are correct, as well as the quality of the rendering.