WnSoft Forums

Another suggestion for Igor

ecps

With every revision P2Exe gets better and better - so perhaps in a future revision the following might be possible:

I would find it helpful to be able to select multiple slides in the slide list (perhaps by Control+click). This would be particularly useful when setting up transitions as I tend to use fades for the first few slides in a presentation and then Quick (no transition effects) for most of the remainder to synchronise with music. If I could select a number of slides at once I could customize transitions for them all at the same time.

Eddie

I am using PicturesToExe alongside with InstantExe. PicturesToExe can do many multimedia and effects for a show. I use it to display a movie AVI which InstantEXE converts from AVI to EXE, say a 4mbytes Avi into 350kbytes movie in anysize. However, at times I use InstantEXE to create a program that launches both an AVI as well as a project I made with PicturesToExe. I find more readily available advanced features in PicturesToExe, except that unlike InstantExe, PicturesToExe is not made to create a project to launch another EXE as soon as the project is run without waiting for user to press a key, which can be done with projects created in InstantExe and in dos batchfiles, which I am still doing using my builderlite batchfile compiler which generates mouse operated batchfiles and the project EXE's runs both under DOS and Win98. I don't know if it runs in XP's. Unfortunately folks, you cannot find this utility 'Builderlite' in the internet, which is my final resort in creating a mouse operated batchfile in EXE format that runs in Windows98. Probably, Igor would be able to find a solution so that this feature can be incorporated in the nearest future into PicturesToExe, hopefully into every page/screen to run an external EXE and/or run other PTE from another PTE compiled into EXE (or is this last thing I am saying already available in the latest version, exept for EXE's?) and last but not the least, if the running of AVI, MPEG, DAT could also be run in resizable/ movable/pausable/stoppable screen within PicturesToExe in the nearest future, I guess PicturesToExe will be the talk not only of hobbiest but will take professionals away from more expensive multimedia presentations software makers and become the talks.

I've just tested another program tonight, one which makes their compiled slideshows to autorun on DVD's for tv viewing and pc cd's for the pc monitor. I only wish these could all be found someday in PicturesToExe.

I am having fun making appearing and disappearing menus that I am making to appear in different screens of my projects created with PicturesToExe. In fact in every page I have a different karaoke player for the computer. Two of those screens have different karaoke players that when triggered by a keypress, activates to play and each shows autochanging pictures as backgrounds for the karaoke for computer, while the slideshow of the PTE/EXE still keep changing too. I find it a lot of fun creating slideshow with PTE as I am able to use sequences of photos/stills I digitize from vhs, tv and dvd. I have made samples on my pc incoroporating scenes from An American In Paris, and Sports slowmos of Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. However, I cannot share it here because I just did them right after I reformated my PC and reinstalled Win98 in favor of WinXPPro for some reasons, and that I misplaced for a while my burner program. Maybe I can share a project or two once I succed in finding and installing my burner program.

mannybr2003

Once Igor implements "Always On Top" or "Not Always On Top" of PTE shows (an already suggested function in the future ) ... part of your problems will be resolved.

As for controlling (play, stop etc) and malnipulating (size, move etc) your EXTERNAL programs (AVI,MPG, etc) from within PTE programing functions ... I cannot see this possible in near future versions, if at all . So your COMPILED EXTERNAL Programs must be be able to have these functions programed in during their own programs build process and not within PTEs functions. Its almost as if asking to have your AVI Program to do the same thing but this time control how PTE functions and plays ... I dont see this happening.

Igor:

Ability to select multiple slides in the slide list has been an oft-requested and high-want of mine for many many moons - thanks!

The functionality I'd like is to have for a group of selected slides:

- Delete from show

- Drag/Drop or Copy/Paste to new position in show

- Set Customize Slide settings

- Set Comment or Sound

Down the line, if we could preview a specific section of the show (select range of slides and click "Preview") that would be nice, but not a big deal, since you can simply press "ESC" to stop a preview at any time.

Multiple slide selection in the slide list would be a significant improvement in PTE usability!

Thanks,

Dana

Eddie and Dana:

The "Adjustor" model, since it is a spreadsheet, can be used to readily customize the timing for a large number of slides at once.

You first have to designate the slides as "customized" within PTE, but this is readily done by pressing the small button marked "P", at the bottom of the main screen. Highlight the first slide you want to customize, and then alternatively press "P" and "down-arrow", and a whole list of slides will be so designated in no time at all.

You can now import the file into "Adjustor", and make whatever changes you want to the "delay" (duration) and "transition" times.

If you don't designate as "customized" first, you will not be allowed to change delay and transition times in Adjustor, as they will all be set to the default values.

Thank you Igor - it really is good news that you are prepared to listen to, and implement, suggestions that are made by users of P2Exe.

And thank you Al for your suggestion too. I have not tried to use Adjustor yet, but will certainly give it a go. It may not quite do what I require as it is really the type of transition that I want to set for multiple slides, rather then times - or maybe adjustor will do this.

Thank you,

Eddie.