WnSoft Forums

Music speed?

Donplusbarb

Hello, I am new to this forum, d/l the trial version and I purchased the next day! I am thrilled with the software but am having a few problems, on a certain one, the music speeds up and slows down? It happens not only in the preview mode but in the saved exe shows as well. I considered it was the memory factor so I changed from mp3 to midi file with no change, anyone have any advice? :) I would appreciate any input

DonplusBarb: (Are we talking to Don or Barb ??)

Welcome to PTE. Many of us think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread !!

That is the first time I have heard of this issue.

I assume the music plays fine out of PTE, in another software.

What image sizes are you using ? Many of us try to keep the image sizes to about 100-200kb.

Is the slowing down and speeding up occurring at the time of a transition ? If so are the transition overlapping. (See gray markings on the TIMELINE or use Alrobin's ADJUSTOR)

Let us know and someone will figure it out for you.

Well Thanks for the welcome, I do not think it is happening at the transition, most are set to the default. It is happening in the preview mode of pte and also on the saved exe file.

(Please excuse if I sound ignorant as I am new to all this, but way excited about this Program) :)

I am going to be talking and reading all the forum, you just cannot learn too much..

Thanks again

Barbara

Barb:

Assuming it is not a function of the transitions (You did check that there are spaces of white between the grey lines on the TIMELINE ?) let me try to suggest a couple of other things here to try to figure it out. (I might be grasping at straws :) )

1. Take another piece of music the same length and add it to the program, but remove the original piece before saving a new pte.exe file. Any difference ??

2. Make up a sample image, less that 200kb and substitute it, with the same settings, for the images already in the show, just add it "x" times remove the original images ("X" in number) What happens ?

As I say, I am grasping at straws here.

Barb,

If it's still a problem and if you email me the ".pte" file, I will have a look at and see if anything looks out of place. (Don't need the music or images.)