WnSoft Forums

My First Slideshow

dilemmania

I am new and getting organized in this slideshow fun. I created a Webpage to show my friends what software programs I use, also included is my first 1.2 meg slideshow “PowWow”. My 56k modem loaded it in 4 min. I used a simple programming technique in Excel 97 VBA to copy the object positions on each slide. That is why the exit/pause buttons remain stationary. Much of what I have learned over the past two weeks is from reading the pte user posts. Thank You

I am new and getting organized in this slideshow fun. I created a Webpage to show my friends what software programs I use, also included is my first 1.2 meg slideshow “PowWow”. My 56k modem loaded it in 4 min. I used a simple programming technique in Excel 97 VBA to copy the object positions on each slide. That is why the exit/pause buttons remain stationary. Much of what I have learned over the past two weeks is from reading the pte user posts. Thank You

I donwloaded your show from your site. You got good pictures of Indians. Is that how the Powwow Indians look like? That was a good one. You just made me miss the more the Powwow chat I used to frequent sometime in 1999-2000 before Yahoo became popular. I wonder how the music kept on echoing even after 30 seconds from the speaker from your show. Thanks.

I used a simple programming technique in Excel 97 VBA to copy the object positions on each slide

Christopher, to copy objects in the same position you can also use the copy/paste slide function, and then change the main picture in the first box under the slide list ("Show image") by browsing your images directory.

I used a simple programming technique in Excel 97 VBA to copy the object positions on each slide.

I would be interested in hearing more details on how you did this.

Hello Everyone,

Mannybr2003, the word powwow means any gathering of Native Americans or any peoples really. Thank you for the kind words. So many of you live in such beautiful places I figured sharing one of the cultural happenings here would be fun.

I wonder how the music kept on echoing even after 30 seconds from the speaker from your show.
I had placed a thunderclap sound on various slides that I wanted to express strength. Also I had marked the - radio button - Main => Show Settings => When show ends keep last slide in show on screen.
to copy objects in the same position you can also use the copy/paste slide function, and then change the main picture in the first box under the slide list ("Show image") by browsing your images directory.
guru, oops . . .I may have reinvented the wheel, the simple trick I use, copies all the objects and the positions in the first slide to the many other slides in about 1 second. I will have to study PTE more to understand how else I could do this. Sometimes I will spend several hours trying things when 5 minutes of instruction reading would solve the problem.

Alrobin, how I did I do the PTE object copy with a VBA trick, you know cursing a lot! I had inflicted a bug in my first posting that cause the powwow slideshow to hang if you clicked "previous slide" to often. The problem was solved ;)

About: My Webpage If you have a "personal" web page dedicated to PTE, I would like to list your URL on my web page. Email it to Me.

Have Fun & Enjoy

Christopher "dilemmania"

Email: chris@oldtemecula.com

how I did I do the PTE object copy with a VBA trick, you know cursing a lot!

Christopher,

I tried your cursing technique, but it didn't work at all. Just helped me release a bit of steam. Please provide more details. ;)