WnSoft Forums

Venice to Yorkshire Presentations!

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forum. I downloaded and watched your yorkshire Audio Visual, which I enjoyed a lot. Couple of things I would comment on. Firstly you have the AVs as exe files for downloading, this would be better if they were zip files, as windows can be very aggresive in preventing the downloading of exe files, and secondly make sure you check the "Hide curser" option in the project properties panel to hide the curser during the AV. For my own personal taste there was too much manipulation on some of the images, which I felt were strong enough without it, but as I said that is a personal thing, and did not detract from my enjoyment of the AV.

Regards

Geoff

Hello Mike

I too enjoyed very much your both slideshows.

Some of your photos are excellent.

Concerning the technical part,

- as stonemason, I noticed the permanent presence of the mouse cursor

- and I too find your image manipulations non-essential in particular for the Venice sequence. These manipulations are from far more suited in the Yorkshire AV.

- for those who visited Venice, the way you managed the photos sequence is a little bit tricky as you go from one point to an other without a leading thread (geographic, thematic, ...).

- in the Yorkshire AV there are some over contrasted slides and the one with the swans shows a curious body for the left one (there is seemingly a big hole !)

- the music is very well suited for the Yorkshire AV but I find the one for Venice a little bit sorowfull

- the Venice show ends too abruptly and the Yorkshire one, although finishing neatly slowly, finishes with a curious raw isolated white frame !

These remarks are strictly personal and does, in no way, carry off (?) the pleasure I had watching your slideshows.

Thank you for sharing.

Mike

I agree with all that Geoff and Patrick have said particularly the over use of effects and filters. I have commented in the past about my minimal use of borders, as all my sequences emanate from a twin projector AV background and not the small screen. My initial impression was of a testpiece gleaned from a Barry Beckham tutorial. This is no criticism of Barry's tutorials. I have a few myself and they are excellent value for money and a handy reference media. If you have not aleady done so try and visit some of the AV Days etc which go on around the country and see what others are doing. www.avworld.org is a good source of infomation.

So to sum up, you have made an excellent start with some good imagery. Be sparing with your use of Photoshop (or whatever) Filters and PTE Effects. If you must use borders try and make the frames all of the same size, but if not experiment with them against a subdued background relative to the presentation.

Keep up the good work. I enjoyed the sequences. Best wishes

Ron [uK]

Mike,

As someone who has not yet had the courage to publish anything and a lover of Venice may I say that I thought your Venice show (not yet looked at Yorkshire) was superb. I for one enjoyed the effects you created. The only comment I would make, and this appears to be a common trend, is that I would prefer to have the images stay on the screen for a longer time after the transition. Having said that many shows for me keep the image too long on the screen! There must be a happy medium – but what??

Well done.

John