WnSoft Forums

321 Challenge

Maureen

Hi Folks

A few people have e-mailed me as they are worried that the French 321 web site and the English 321 web site (which I run) has not yet shown the full up to date list of all 83 sequences received.

There has been a hold-up updating the English site as I've been transfering across to a new computer and temporarily lost some connections :( (will be fixed very soon) and I'm currently sorting things out for next Sunday here at Aldbourne. ;)

Anyone who wishes to view all the entries please come along, pay at the door - :Dmore information here

Hope this reassures some of you.

It's a great entry & once that is over it'll be on to the "Peace" project.

Best wishes

Maureen

I've just seen that the French Website has been updated and that 90 entries have finally been received ! What a success !

The participants' list can be seen on this site (as it is made with Flash, I can't put a direct link to the Challenge page, sorry :huh: ) - go to the third tab from left ("L'atelier Parmantier coordonne"), then to the last tab "Challenge 3-2-1"; the participants' list is the fourth item on the drop-down menu.

I wish Maureen and her team full success for the Aldbourne event - enjoy the show ! :)

The UK stage at Aldbourne is now all ready, and will start at 10.00am next Sunday (19th Feb).

Please note that this stage is a week ahead of the 'rest of the world' as I'm in Belfast judging the NIPA festival next weekend when the other events take place! Hope to see some of the NI Forum members there!

All other 321 events take place on Saturday 25th February. There are 17 events taking place in 13 countries across four continents, so check if there's one near you!

Ian

post-32-1140188441_thumb.jpg

However short the Sequences are (average 2 minutes?) it must be a very difficult task keeping all 92 ideas in mind whilst making judgements.

I'd like to learn from those taking part in this assessment how they found the task and what difficulties they had (if any). Maybe they found it straightforward.

I was certainly pleased to find how many Sequences were entered from folk in the UK - proably the highest number ever to a Festival conceived and organised outside the UK.

These were the percentages entered:

Countries number %age

Belgium: 5 (5%)

Canada: 1 (1%)

France 33 (36%)

UK 35 (38%)

Hungary 2 (2%)

Ireland 3 (3%)

Italy 1 (1%)

NL 1 (1%)

Poland 5 (5%)

Uruguay 6 (7%)

At Aldbourne we had three judges, each awarding up to 5 marks per sequence. We split the event into sessions of 20 sequences to give the judges the chance to compare notes during the day. The overall scores then gave us a good grasp on the potential winners, and the eventual palmares were decided by discussion at the end of the event. I won't give the UK result yet until all 17 venues have reported back to GAPHE!

Ian

It does seem odd that Ian indicates that the results are being kept "secret" when most of them were already there on the atelierdiaporama site. Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, South Africa and Uruguay have still to declare at the time of writing this. The Canadian Jury pronounced their results on the 17th February before the Aldbourne event took place. I thought that the Aldbourne event was the only one before the 25th Feb, as indicated in the published programme of events, but apparently not.

I do recall one French diaporamist saying "Well there won't be many British entries, as they only make long boring ones about historical folk" ! This event must be the first held outside the UK (or Australia) where there have been more entries from the UK than France!

There are quite a few significant anomolies already amongst those available on the site; there were two juries in different parts of Belgium; one had 8 Brits in the first 10 - the other had just 2 !! Standing the top half dozen from these two vents side by side seems weird! It appears more like a "Eurovision Song Contest"!

With so many British entries, maybe next time we should try to arrange for there to be at least another couple of UK juries.

Thanks, Ian.

However, it is still not clear to me what the point of all the "secrecy" was: Aldbourne was the only event I found advertised before Feb 25th, but Canada, it seems, judged their event on the 17th and published their results. I think the results of Aldbourne were available before the 25th.

I am also a bit confused as to why the "official" site for 321 puts up results later than "unofficial" sources.

Still, all this organiasation is a remarkable achievement.