WnSoft Forums

ShowVideoPTE

boxig

Sorry to jump in here Granot/Jean-Pierre

Granot -I hope you can also build in the facility to re-position the avi anywhere on the screen as you did for the previous (single video) version of this utility for me in November last.

It would certainly be the best if we could run a new video on each slide BUT ALSO position it relevant to background image(s) in the show as before.

Thanks again for your dedication to making P2E even more versatile for us all.

DEN (NE UK)

JP,

Try this one:

ShowVideoPTE_HideMouse

Chane the name to fit the exe or change the name of the exe. Let me know.

Den,

Hummm...

This is a bit complicated to do because each user has a different screen size. It may be possible to do for windowed mode show when you know exactely the display size of the show. Is this what you mean ?

I understand your point Granot, but I don't want to lose the previous version of "ShowVideo" you prepared in November which, apart from the cursor problem you are dealing with here, suited my purposes using a 1024x768 screen. Maybe I can run this utility several times during a show to use different videos and still have the positioning flexibilty

As an aside, I cannot get your HideTaskbar to work with this utility - where can I download Marco's version?

Thanks again

DEN (NE UK)

Yes I believe so - here's the link to our discussion in November:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....20&hl=showvideo

I have the old version - maybe you could post it again with a different name?

I have checked through your site and can find only this new version (1119kb), the previous was just 569kb.

I also found Marco's utility there too - thanks.

DEN

Well, Granot, it's seem correct for the mouse's cursor but there is a little picture above mine in which is write Plug..

Sorry, my mistake. I removed this and uploaded new to the "ShowVideoPTE_HideMouse.zip link. Before I update the main link, can you tell me if you are testing this on show with full screen and if yes, don't you have any problem with the task bar ?

Den,

It seems I earase the files. I will try to search in my backup CD's, maybe I will find it.

Yes, I did the test with both of them, and I just finish to do the test at 1152 x 864, both run correctly with Hidetasbar of Marcovelo.

Sorry, I have understand wrong, I test those with the little picture and the last version with the cursor, I haven't the other version without mouse neither picture.

Sorry, I didn't think to download the Hidemouse version on the link above. Now it's done and I have test it with full sreen and not, in 1024 x768, 1152 x 864 and 1280 x 1024 : all is good. Fantastic

Granot,

I've been away on a shoot and just got back. I've D/L'ed the latest version of ShowVideoPTE and tested it with the show I'd put together. This does make for a more polished show. The first showing of the show is tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to doing the show. Your tool allowed me to accoplish what I wanted and I didn't have to spend any more time looking for tools that would do the job. PTE coupled with your utility have fit what I needed. Thanks!

Granot,

The original idea is good, but the reason for which I didn't ask you to do this option is that it's not so easy to do.

I try to explain : with the new version, we can put exactly the position of the hight-left corner, but this method is good for only one screen definition, and you never know which screen people have.

So what you must try to do, is to put in the Vidsetini the position of the center of the video and not the hight left corner. It was possible to use the last version on several screen definition, with this one, it's impossible.

In the ini something like

-100,+50

+200,-100

for the centrale position,

It's impossible to use the actual version, if it impossible to modify it, it's better to put the old version on your link.

It was possible to use the last version on several screen definition, with this one, it's impossible.

Yes, I know this limitation untill I will have time to fix it but...

If you do not include "VidSet.ini" then all videos should be centered :D

Did you try it ?

Granot

That's OK, Granot, if you fixe it, it will give us many possibilities that I needed when I did Corsica and that I can't use. Very interesting.