WnSoft Forums

Finding slide in Timeline

Not sure if I or anyone else had already asked this so sorry if that is the case.  I know that in the basic Slide View panel when you actually pick slides or videos to be in the project by putting it in the Timeline the label below the slide changes from White to Blue to indicate the slide/video is being used in the project.  So far fine.  But when you see a slide was chosen in the Slide View is there a quickie shortcut to find where that slide is on the Timeline other than manually scanning through the Timeline?  The reason I ask is that I do not necessarily work consistently on a project and am just now coming back to one I started a few months ago and I was trying to quickly locate the slide on the Timeline.

You must have an awful lot of Slides in the project if you can't simply look along the SlideView to see it.

One way is in O&A add an Object - say a Frame to any Slide
Then in Properties Tab - Add Action on Mouse Click as 'Go To Slide With Name'
Click the down arrow in the box below and it will show you a list of all the Slide Names.
Assuming you have changed them & they are still the Filename, then you can see which Slide is the File you want.

Or open the PTE file in either Notepad or Excel.
Then do a Find for the Filename you are looking for.
You can then see the Slide number.

Hope this helps

Jill

Yeah my "travelogues" tend to have a few hundred slides.  I scanned back and forth through the Timeline and didn't find the slide as quickly as I thought I could so it would be nice to maybe have a right-click option for slides in the Slide Viewer that is something like "jump to slide".  It would just be a nice handy feature.