WnSoft Forums

Music Gap

bjf123

I've got a slide show I've put together with PTE 3.75 that contains two songs. I have it set to automatically sync the music to the slides. Between songs, there's about a 10 second gap with no music. Is there some way to change that? I'd like there to be no more than a second or two between songs.

bjf123,

The most reliable way to do this is to copy the songs into a wave editor such as Cool Edit 2000, Acoustica, Cubase VST, Creative Labs wave editor, etc., and "mix" them down into one file, after setting the desired interval between the two.

Or, you could edit each song separately in the way described above, and cut off some of the dead space which must exist at the beginning or ending of one or more of the songs, and save them back as separate files.

welcome to the forum bj !!

I had this reply ready to go when my modem disconnected :)

Alrobin has said essentially what I was going to say, but I'll say it anyway.

There are several threads that discuss your issue, but suffice it to say that you need to get a sound mixer software. You can "paste" them together to run as you want.

Recommended choices seem to be:

Audacity (free download) I have not used this one, but some senior members recommend it

Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer ($25US ??) should do most of what you will ever need, very easy to use

Cool Edit with Studio plug-in ($95US ?) has lots of bells and whistles that might come in handy as you progress.

I have both Accoustica and Coole Edit

Just do a Google search for their websites

Have fun with PTE

Thanks for the information. I downloaded Audacity, since it's a freebie. I first did the Mac version, just so I could play with something on my new iMac. I was able to get the gap removed from between the two songs, but it created a 79.5MB wav file! I used iTunes on the Mac to covert it to an mp3, but it was still 9MB, and I couldn't figure how to move a file that large to my Windows box. Then I downloaded the Windows version, along with LAME to convert the wav to an mp3. Everything works great. Thanks again! :)