WnSoft Forums

Version 4 safe enough to download?

rwav

Just wondering. Right now, since this sofware is new for me, I tend to assume that when something goes wrong, it is because of me, not the software. If the beta version is still bugged, I will end up always wondering if it is a bug or else.

My Pte use is limited to doing simple slideshows with customised synchronisation. Thanks.

(Next project will be a slideshow of 15 minutes and I understand that v4 allow you to pause in the middle of the "Preview" presentation to review the work progress... so downloading is tempting)

Version 4 (now up to beta#7) is very stable. The big benefit with this version is the shadow on the timeline showing the durration of transitions. As you say you are using customised synchronisation, then V4 is an essential download!

I've been using it since beta#1 with no problems. The comments posted to Igor are in the main either small defects that don't affect the final show, or requests for improvements.

Ian

I concur with Ian.

I have been creating a slideshow with the latest beta, and so far have not experienced any bugs, other than the inconsistencies and suggested improvements to which Ian has referred.

Hi Geneviève!

I think v4 beta (we are at beta#7) is now almost ready to become a FINAL version. It is really very stable and sure better than previous 3.80.

Does version 4 beta 7 contain all the beta releases from 1 to 6? If I download it, do I have to uninstall the version 3.08 first before I can install it? Kindly answer. I always enounter a listing error which does not let me Ctrl-alt-del. I need to restart my computer everytime it happens. My pc is a pentium 4 a.4ghz running Win98. Could someone who knows how to solve this kindly share the solution? Thank you.

Manny

Hi Manny!

Does version 4 beta 7 contain all the beta releases from 1 to 6?

Yes!

If I download it, do I have to uninstall the version 3.08 first before I can install it?

No, you can overwrite the previous version.

I always enounter a listing error which does not let me Ctrl-alt-del. I need to restart my computer everytime it happens. My pc is a pentium 4 a.4ghz running Win98. Could someone who knows how to solve this kindly share the solution?

Your question is not clear: when do you got this error? What is exactly this "listing error"?