WnSoft Forums

Screensaver

mogendavid

Can somebody please tell me how I can use my pte show as a screensaver to my computer using the Windows Xp control panel/ display / screensaver/ my photo slideshow feature? Windows can't find my .scr file in my designated folder. Thanks in advance. :unsure:

mogendavid

A created .pte screen saver, I believe you copy the .scr file into your C:\Windows\System32 - folder.

It should then appear in your screen saver list.

Desktop – right click – Properties – Screen saver, choose PTE screen saver name from screen saver list.

The path you mention

Quote:

Windows Xp control panel/ display / screensaver/ my photo slideshow feature?

Is different

When you choose – Settings – you browse to a folder of your choice.

But this only shows the images in a chosen folder as a slideshow, not your PTE screen saver.

I have never created a screen saver of my own, someone correct me if I am wrong here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited:

After doing a search and a little reading I found a remark from boxig in regards to right click on .scr file and choose "Install "

Quote:

I think we have this on windows. Right click on scr file and choose "Install".

----------------------------------

This feature is available in XP

When I created a Screen Test.scr, right clicked and choose install. It created my file as Screen Test.scr_1BC65988.pf - into folder C:\Windows\prefetch

However it does work.

This is new to me, can someone remark if this is the better way to install a .pte screen saver.

You were 100% right Ralph, I got it the first time I tried. This is also my first time to create a screensaver but it was a request from a friend. I stopped using screensavers a long time when I read an article that they (screensavers) causes much strain on your CPU, is this true? :(

mogendavid

A created .pte screen saver, I believe you copy the .scr file into your C:\Windows\System32 - folder.

It should then appear in your screen saver list.

Desktop – right click – Properties – Screen saver, choose PTE screen saver name from screen saver list.

The path you mention

Quote:

Windows Xp control panel/ display / screensaver/ my photo slideshow feature?

Is different

When you choose – Settings – you browse to a folder of your choice.

But this only shows the images in a chosen folder as a slideshow, not your PTE screen saver.

I have never created a screen saver of my own, someone correct me if I am wrong here.

mogendavid

Glad you got it working, however there is another way if you read my “ Edited “ section on my above post.

I am not sure now which is the better way. ( you have me learning something new here )

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can reply, I do not want to lead you down the wrong garden path, giving wrong advise.

My apologizes.

To install screensaver in Windows you need to place produced .scr file:

- to "System32" folder in Windows folder (usually C:\Windows\System32)

For Windows 2000, NT4, XP and future versions of Windows (including Windows Vista)

- to "System" folder in Windows folder (usually C:\Windows\System)

For old Windows 95, 98, Me

Also there is a lot of free installers. For example, please see http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4247

Igor

Thank you, appreciated.

boxig – another of your many useful utilities, thanks for passing along.

Thanks to you all guys out there who shared your ideas. May you ever be helpfull, always. Muchas Gracias! :)