WnSoft Forums

MovieFactory 2SE

goddi

I am using MovieFactory 2SE to create videos. When I check the 'Interlaced Video' box, as recommended, it wants to create an output file with the .ptev extension. However, my MovieFactory 2SE will NOT recognized the .ptev extension. When I uncheck the 'Interlaced Video', the output file extension is changed to .avi and I have created videos this way with my MF2SE. However, when I make a video with this .avi extension, it is not very good quality. The text is wavy and the images are not nearly as sharp as with the CD version.

So my questions are:

1- Do I need to upgrade to the MF2 non-SE version to have it recognize the .ptev extension?

2- Does having the 'Interlaced Video' checked really make a difference?

3- Will the MF2 non-SE version improve the quality of the final video, using the .ptev extension?

4- Will my MF2SE version using '.avi' produce the same quality video as the MF2 (non SE) version using '.ptev'???

Thanks... Gary

PS I see that MF is now up to version 5. Does version 5 do any better with PTE than version 2?