WnSoft Forums

R&R Jukebox

nickles

Hello:

Several people e-mailed me asking if I planned to add more years to the Rock&Roll Jukebox. I am making 1966 thru 1979 available...maybe..if it works.

I would appreciate if someone that has downloaded the Jukebox from Beechbrook and still have the Jukebox folder on their computer would test this.

I have placed all years 1955 thru 1979 in a Public folder in my Yahoo! Briefcase as well as the Jukebox itself here:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/sknickles@sb...rc=bc%26.view=l

Hopefully you will see a list of zip files for all the years and also a zip file for the Jukebox. The Jukebox contains 1955. If you already have the Jukebox folder you need only download the years you desire and unzip into the Jukebox folder and the Jukebox should be able to play that year.

I tried the Briefcase about a year ago and Yahoo had a problem they say that they have fixed. I use Firefox browser and had to hit the go button several times before the files appeared.

If it works...I will post additional years if there is interest.

Please post or e-mail me if it works or if it doesn't work.

Thanks....

ken

:D

Had to hurry here to beat Ken! :D And I still likely did not make it.

Actually, I dl'd about 6 years without any problem. Then I backed off for a few minutes. When I returned to the open window, no more zips would download for me. (Ken probably clogging all the pipes.) So I added the new 6 years to the my original Jukebox file. Works smooth as wd40. But after knowing virtually all your choices for 1956 -1965, I seem to recognize very few of the "recent" years!

Hello Ken & Bob:

I'm glad it sorta works. I think you discovered the touch Ken. It takes me 3 trys with the "Refresh" or "Go" button in both Firefox or IE to get it to display the list?

Bob...I suspect if several people are downloading from my Briefcase it may lock you out until they are done? I wish I had a better way...and don't wish to plug up Bill's site with my stuff. Hm...don't remember all those great tunes...eh?

A technical note about my selection process. For this little project I tried to stay somewhat unbiased. If I chose my favorites...most likely no one would like them. All my MP3s have been tagged with the year first recorded and how high the tune rated. There are two rating systems...Billboard 1950 to present...and Cashbox 1960 -1987....Billboard was based on total record sales and Cashbox was based on total Juke Box plays. Evidently the Juke Boxes maintained play counts. I preferred Cashbox as I think it was less biased than Billboard magazine. Most of Billboards was based on album sales and not singles. Most of the tunes I selected were the highest rated top 10 for the particular year's end....of course I occasionaly slipped in my favorite tune that may not have even been rated.

After the sixties I became more of a folk/country fan...but I figured most people would get bored with Johnny Cash, John Denver, Peter Paul & Mary, Brothers Four, etc....I realy like just about any kind of music...but only if I can hum or whistle the tune...this leaves a lot of classical out of the picture.

Hello everybody else...please post or e-mail if you have a problem...but please don't cuss me.

.....ken

:blink:

One other comment:

The Jukebox.zip in this verion doesn't have the disclaimer that is on the version on Beechbrook. I also discovered a very minor problem. If you mouse clicked on something other than the buttons...such as the Jukebox frame it closed the show. I corrected this very minor problem...it also effected years 1955-1965. It's not significant enough to require a download of all those years....but up to you.

Downloaded. Unzipped. Working satisfactorily. Thanks Ken. Now I am off to bed it is just past midnight in UK and it is Easter Day.

Ron [uK]

Hello,

I had one person that was interested in the PTE files used to create the Jukebox. I've posted the files with years 1955 and 1956 including 30 second MP3 files, photos, etc. at the above link. They're listed as Juke PTEs and will unzip into a folder called Jukebox.

Just in case someone else is interested.

ken

Bob...I suspect if several people are downloading from my Briefcase it may lock you out until they are done? I wish I had a better way

There is a better way of transferring file! Install and use 'MSN Messenger' on your computer. then you will find all sorts of advantages.

Ron

Ken,

You have done a great job. Now downloading all files.

Is there a chance to see a "Beatles" jukebox ?

Ken, I want to work and listen to your music, but how do I do that ? It seems once I run the jokebox it covers all my screen and I don't have access to my files.

Many thanks for this enjoyable creation.

Granot

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:

For those that might be interested...I've uploaded years 1980 thru 1985 to the above link.

....ken

:blink: