WnSoft Forums

PC Housekeeping

ruthnicholls

Hello again,

You were all very helpful about resizing images en bloc recently.Can you now help me with another gap in my knowledge,please.

I have now successfully made my Egypt show, and shown it at the club. Now I am disciplining myself to tidying up the images on my pc. Actually I made the project on my laptop, as it is portable and I could do it a bit at a time, anywhere. Now I want to move them.

I have a set of folders with the adjusted tiffs in and another set with the jpgs in,which is the source for the project. And of course the .exe slide show itself.

Now,I want to move the tiffs and jpgs to my external hard drive for storage. BUT I would like to be able to go back to the project at some time in the future and tinker with it, add more images for example, so I want to keep it in a useable state.( I realise that I would have to create a new show after this,but I don't want to have to add ALL the existing images again from scratch, I just want to be able to add some or delete some )

BUT, I find that if I move the jpgs,even to elsewhere on the laptop, the .pte project says the images are missing. I have tried also moving the .pte project with the jpgs but that doesn't work either.

I could make copies (more copies, gets difficult to keep track of after a bit) and store them elsewhere I suppose, and leave the ones the .pte needs on the laptop, but I'd rather not if there is any other solution.

Any suggestions, please? Sorry this is a bit longwinded.

Ruth

Hi Ruth,

Have you considered using the 'Template' facility within PTE. This will make a folder that includes all the items that make up your project which keeps everything together in one place. This subject has been discussed before on the Forum so do a search for 'Template' and see what you get.

Ron

Ruth

if you are not running ver4.48 you should because long time ago Igor updated a version that will look after "folder moving"

of course all the picts music icons etc of the show must be the said folder that is to be moved - then the program will accept/find the new path to the components.

ken

Thankyou, I've done it..I didn't know about Templates, I assumed it was a tool you could use before making a show, as a plan ,like Project, and as Project works well I didn't explore Templates.But now I see it is a post production tool, Maybe Igor could call it Archive instead. I reckon he's pretty busy with v.5 at present though.

So thankyou again, will keep looking in from time to time, probably won't need any more help in the near future.

Oh, one small thing, Ken said I should have 4.48, well I've got 4.47, is there any need to change?

Cheers, Ruth