WnSoft Forums

"Lost Files"

I recently changed computers. In doing so I managed to lose the pictures to exe software ( a fairly old version but I do not know which) but had backed up the projects and related images. I then purchased version 4.48 to replace it and now when I try and open a project that I would like to modify it tells me that the pictures and sound files cannot be found. The executable slide shows still work however. I emailed the company and got the following response

"The program saved paths of images and audio files, which were used in projects. If the files were replaced the prograb won't be able to open them"

Not being all that technical I am not able to understand the response. Basically what I need to know is whether I can easily recreate the project or whether I need to start from scratch.

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks

Bill Scott

Bill,

You've probably moved the original image and sound files around to different folders, and maybe even deleted some, since you created the show, so they may appear to be "lost" to the program.

What you need to do if possible is to collect all the files used in the original project and put them, and the project ".pte" file into the same folder, then open PTE and open the project.

Bill,

For future reference, can I mention the 'Make Template' option in PTE. If you use this after creating your slide show then you will not have this problem of 'losing' stuff in future because the template will create a folder and store everything in it for you.

Ron

Hello Bill,

If you can place de pictures and sound in the same place as on the old computer it would woold work again.

Ihavea tool "Synosis PTE" that can do the job. In the window "Picture and music file path and name manager". You can download the program here: http://www.diapovision.com/articles/syp.zip,

I hoop this will help

Bill,

You've probably moved the original image and sound files around to different folders, and maybe even deleted some, since you created the show, so they may appear to be "lost" to the program.

What you need to do if possible is to collect all the files used in the original project and put them, and the project ".pte" file into the same folder, then open PTE and open the project.

Hi

Thanks! It worked. Thanks also to the other input I receievd

Cheers

Bill