WnSoft Forums

Preview Problems

Peter Coles

During the last few days I have had a problem with pre-view - I just cannot get this to work.

Similarly trying to start the programme from any image is not working either.

I'm having to start at the beginning each time I want to review what I have made or modified.

Help!

I think this started when I downloaded 4.46.

Windows XP (in case this makes any difference)

Peter Coles

peter@3-c.coop

I have now downloaded v5 Beta and the preview works OK.

However, each time I try and start from a given point, the soundtrack is not synchonised but starts from the beginning each time. Sound and vision now seem unconnected.

So, I now long for a couple of backwards steps in order that I can get on producing Sequences with few problems through new technical "improvements".

I expect I will grow to appreciate them all when I have worked out how they work!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile any help would be more than welcome.

peter@3-c.coop

Good morning Peter, I see that you have been burning the midnight oil. I am reluctant to give someone of your calibre any advice but I will ask the following:

1. When downloading Version 5.50 beta#2, did you put it in a separate folder so as not to overwrite your Version 4.46? If not do that and re-unzip Version 4.46, if you still have the Zip file, in its original folder. If you no longer have the Zip file you will need to download it again, but you will find the latest version is 4.47, but I believe it contained only minor changes so I too had not bothered with it.

2. As regards your trying to start a preview from a given point, you don't say which method you have been using as there are a few, two of which are:

A. Right click on the slide in the Slide List and select "Start preview from the current slide" at the bottom of the dropdown menu; and B. you can perform the same action on the selected image in the Llight Table.

Best wishes

Ron [uK]

Good morning Peter, I see that you have been burning the midnight oil. I am reluctant to give someone of your calibre any advice but I will ask the following:

1. When downloading Version 5.50 beta#2, did you put it in a separate folder so as not to overwrite your Version 4.46? If not do that and re-unzip Version 4.46, if you still have the Zip file, in its original folder. If you no longer have the Zip file you will need to download it again, but you will find the latest version is 4.47, but I believe it contained only minor changes so I too had not bothered with it.

2. As regards your trying to start a preview from a given point, you don't say which method you have been using as there are a few, two of which are:

A. Right click on the slide in the Slide List and select "Start preview from the current slide" at the bottom of the dropdown menu; and B. you can perform the same action on the selected image in the Llight Table.

Best wishes

Ron [uK]

Hello Peter

I still have pte 4.4 apr in zipped form so, if it helps, I could send you that.

Please note that v5 is very much "under construction" and many of the standard pte functions have not yet been incoporated.

Peter,

It sounds like you had an earlier version of PTE 4.46. Igor did some experimenting when a few of us had problems similar to yours, and issued a "beta 3" version of 4.46 which cleared up the problem.

See the Forum discussion on this problem HERE .

You should perhaps download the latest "official" version of PTE (4.48) from the Wnsoft website and use that instead. :)

Peter, your post of today at 10.56 am contained only a quote of my earlier post at 8.35 am. but no message. Like Roger I have a copy of pte447.zip on file, but it can be downloaded also from the WnSoft site as it is the latest full version on general release. Version 5.5 beta #2 is for members experimentation and report.

Ron [uK]

Peter,

Music is not synchronized in v5.00 beta #2 yet. So music always starts from beginning.

About problem with "Preview from a slide" in v4.4x.

This function doesn't work if you have synchronized slide-show, but not all slides have keypoints on the timeline. Please try to start new project, add several slides and try again. I'm sure that all will work.

p.s. PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #2 installs to separate folders, creates own program group in Start menu, doesn't associates with .pte files and should bother to work of previous versions.