WnSoft Forums

Registration Problems

Hello, I am new to this forum as of today. I am hoping to figure out how to re-register my Pictures to exe. download after numerous attempts to do so. I lost my version when my hard drive crashed. I have contacted wnsoft support by email, and still their process of registration will not work. Is there another way to get the registration done? I have spent 2 weeks trying to get this resolved. I really want to use the software and miss it!

Thank you. CHP

CHP,

Welcome to the Forum.

How have you received your registration key - as an attachment to an email? If so, it may be embedded into the message of the email and not really "attached". There has been a lot of discussion on the forum regarding this situation, which you can find if you do a search of "registration" and the read all of the resulting postings. If you are still un-successful, post back here and someone will probably be able to help you. :)

Thank you Al for your reply, I have not done a search on this topic but I will. Customer service is sending me an attachment that has to be unzipped. I do not have any blocks on my email or ISP that would not allow me to open and unzip the file. I have tried repeatedly! I have tried all that they have said and still nothing works. I guess that customer service cannot call me dierctly to figure out this problem and their response to unzip the attached file is the same in all the replys to my trouble. I have tried to type out the key that they sent me earlier but evidently I am typing in something wrong of the LONG key that they sent. What a huge key #. Is this product really this user-unfriendly?

I'll look at the other posts on this subject. Thank you. CHP

If you have the original reg.txt file all you have to do is copy that into the PTE folder and when the prog asks you for it just tell it WHERE it is - it will find it.

You do not have to type the number in anywhere.

DaveG

Hi Dave, Thank you for your input. I tried what you suggested. This is what I did and it still did not work. I copied the PTEReg. file into my documents. I then tried to unzip it, again. I do believe that was successful. Then I tried to load the key in the Pictures to Exe. opening window for registration, when I click on the PTEReg. file from my documents to load, nothing loads. The window then goes blank. I tried to see if the software was registered again, and it still only allows me to use 10 pictures in an un-registered version of PTE. Am I still not doing something right? I appreciate all your help.

Thank you. CHP

post-16-1148505716_thumb.jpg

the registry file should look similar to this screenshot

and the instructions sent by wnsoft

Sun 11/26/2000 7:24 AM

How to activate the key:

1) Close all running copies of PicturesToExe.

2) Save attached file to any folder and double-click on it in Windows Explorer.

3) Run PicturesToExe. The program is registered now!

ken

Hello Ken, I tried what you suggested. I have done that so many times I have lost count. It still will not register. I will try to contact customer service for the 5th time. They are not as speedy to reply as you nice gentlemen have been. I guess I have waited this long, now I am more compelled by the mystery of it all so I will try again. Does anyone know why phone support is non-existant?

Thanks again. CHP

CHP

You mentioned that our HD Crashed ~ What Operating System have you Re-Installed ? ~ or have you

installed a Brand New HD ? ~ or have you done a System recall ?

More than likely your Security Settings have been re-set to default,do as follows to check.

Top of this Page-->select 'Tools'-->Internet Options-->Clk.on Security Tab-->make sure its set to 'Medium' then apply & OK.

Do the same again but this time select 'Privacy Tab' make sure its set to 'Medium' then apply & OK.

The best way of Installing the Reg.Key is to open Notepad-->Save as 'Reg.Key'-->park it on your Desktop.

Now go to the Reg.EMail and find the Coded Key String-->Highlight the entire string-->RH.Clk it and Copy.

Now open your 'Notepad' and paste the keystring in there-->Hit Save.

Now open your PTE.Folder and drag the saved 'Notepad' into the PTE.Folder-->Shutdown and Restart the PC.

(See Attachment for example ~ for security reasons this has been edited)

Brian.Conflow.

post-1416-1148603643_thumb.jpg

..... open Notepad-->Save as 'Reg.Key'-->park it on your Desktop.

Brian, my key is called "PTE.KEY" - don't know if this makes a difference.

Also, your screenshot showed some extra characters - mine looks like this:

post-215-1148606126_thumb.jpg

Brian, my key is called "PTE.KEY" - don't know if this makes a difference.

Also, your screenshot showed some extra characters - mine looks like this:

Hi Al,

Yes you are correct, we had noticed that each variant of PTE comes with ~ what looks like ~ a different Key Code 'aka' PTE Key. Also the Security Encryption has been updated to SP-2 level.

We had a look at these Keys in BSL Computers Ltd and it would appear that these are not simple 'Product Keys' such as those used by Microsoft and other Program Makers.

The Keys seem to be randomely generated by a Computer and set-up to mimic a 'command strings' and within the 'string' is a Hex or Ascii Code Set recognised by the PTE.Program itself ~ it's very high Security.

When I had problems with Product Registration my people at BSL decided to 'paste' the Key.Code into an executable such as Notepad and load it into the Program in that manner ~ it never fails !

The most important part is:- "Key"="xxxxxxxxxxxx=" The whole 'character string' has to be pasted in otherwise it doesn't work which leads us to believe that it is an executable and a really good one !

I always make a Copy of the 'Notepad' executable to a Floppy Disc ~ then I can't loose it

Brian.Conflow.

Hello all who helped! SUCCESS! I promised to tell you when it happened. I cannot tell you what I did to make it work. I just kept re-reading all of your steps and diligently applying them all. I did it so many times, but this last time it finally worked. I am finally re-registered to use Pictures to exe. I have lots to do to catch up so thank you all.

I must say that customer service leaves alot to be desired as far as helping out in frustrating situations like this. I hope no one else goes through what I did. Total time to get it re-registered 3 weeks! Ugh!

CHP

Hello all who helped! SUCCESS! I promised to tell you when it happened. I cannot tell you what I did to make it work. I just kept re-reading all of your steps and diligently applying them all. I did it so many times, but this last time it finally worked. I am finally re-registered to use Pictures to exe. I have lots to do to catch up so thank you all.

I must say that customer service leaves alot to be desired as far as helping out in frustrating situations like this. I hope no one else goes through what I did. Total time to get it re-registered 3 weeks! Ugh!

CHP

CHP

Per my previous Post ~ make sure you don't forget to make a 'Notepad Copy' of the Reg.Key for future

retrieval. All the best with PTE.

Brian.Conflow

• 1 month later...