WnSoft Forums

O.K., the Devil made me do it - LOL

Lin Evans

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/startest.zip

New link above has all files - pte, png, jpg, etc. including new executable.....

Brief explanation:

Starfield background made by creating transparent layer and overlaying (paste in PhotoShop) a blue/black jpg. The eraser tool was then used with 1, 3, 5 pixel size circles to create starfield cutouts and a "line" to represent a meteorite. This was saved as a PNG so that the transparent part is the star cut-outs.

A white jpg square was then created and the "Filter effect" Sponge was used to create a ramdomized sponge-like appearance with dark and light areas. Some red and yellow "splashes" were added and this was inserted behind the starfield PNG. This variagated backdrop is then rotated 160 degrees during the show to provide the star "twinkle" as the "holes" variously reveal dark or white or red or yellow depending on their positions.

The "Big Dipper" stars were surrounded by a splash of blue to set them off.

A photo of Haley's Comet was made into a PNG and moved across the field and the Starship Enterprise was constructed from two images - one modified to make a third which has red rather than yellow orange on the tail "exhaust" A photo of Orion Nebula was made into a PNG and added along with a midi-Startrek intro.

Just fooling around guys.....

Lin

Lin

Hi Lin,

I'm afraid to understand why you're talking about the devil ! :lol:

Does each star correspond to an object ? :blink:

And what effect did you use to give the impression that they shine ?

An other question : what does the kind of "rope" (appears and disappears after a couple of seconds) in the middle of your show correspond to ?

Hi Lin,

I'm afraid to understand why you're talking about the devil ! :lol:

Does each star correspond to an object ? :blink:

And what effect did you use to give the impression that they shine ?

An other question : what does the kind of "rope" (appears and disappears after a couple of seconds) in the middle of your show correspond to ?

LOL - It's an American expression meaning "I couldn't help myself" - "I had to do it" - No, each star is part of a single object. All will be revealed soon, I'm still working on putting in the Star Ship Enterprise. But here's a start:

The starfield is composed of a blue/black layer overlaid on a transparency. The blue black layer has many "holes" from 1 to 5 pixels or so through which the transparency is revealed. The twinkle and "shine" comes from a white layer between which is constructed in PhotoShop using the Sponge tool to varigate the white with black "sponge-like" pattern. This layer is made larger than the screen and rotated (in this case about 160 degrees) during the length of the display. This varigated "sponge-like" layer also has a bit of red and yellow splotches.

The line represents a "meteorite" and consists of a transparent "line" (not a very good one though) with a small rectangel of the same color as the starfield masking it and revealing it.

Lin

The use of the transparency is a very, very good improvement for PTE. With also masks (example: text effects from Igor), the possibilities are infinite for the animations.

And sure, we have not seen everything yet: in a few weeks, the dream will be true.

I know it's your work: but can you propose the full project/demo for all ? It's also very important with the V5 to show how, for the moment. I hope you agree.

Thanks for your collaboration !

The use of the transparency is a very, very good improvement for PTE. With also masks (example: text effects from Igor), the possibilities are infinite for the animations.

And sure, we have not seen everything yet: in a few weeks, the dream will be true.

I know it's your work: but can you propose the full project/demo for all ? It's also very important with the V5 to show how, for the moment. I hope you agree.

Hi Michel,

True! Yes, but I've not really finished it so am waiting until I finish the Star Ship Enterprise addition then I will post all... Been gone most of the day so haven't had a chance to finish it yet.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Michel,

Click the link again, it's been modified so all files are contained including new executable....

Best regards,

Lin