WnSoft Forums

Integration of video

thedom

I have used the autostitch software to stitch together Google Earth images for panning purposes, but the problem with this is that each new image from Google Earth is taken from a different vantage point, so the results are skewed, and some detail at the "joins" between the images does not match up properly. To work effectively, all images should be taken from the same position, so that the result is as if the panorama were made with a super-wide angle lens, even though the individual images may have been made with a telephoto. However, if you are prepared to do a little patch-up work in Photoshop to make the joins match, Google images can be used fairly effectively.

I have used the autostitch software to stitch together Google Earth images for panning purposes, but the problem with this is that each new image from Google Earth is taken from a different vantage point,

Yes, and I suppose the problem is compounded because the image is spherical. However, I wont get a chance to try it out until the end of the week. I'm wondering if it might be better not to use a stitching application and join up using the transform tools in Photoshop. After all, we accept the distortion of geographical features inherent to the Mercator system of chart production.

John