WnSoft Forums

Background Music and wav file?

Donplusbarb

I am very confused on the background sound and wav files, I read in one place that if you use pte internal player that you could play both the background music and a wav file, I looked in the help file and it said you could not. Anyway, i have tried all I can think of and cannot get it to work.

Please excuse if this has been asked before but like I said , I did a search and did not find this question.

This forum and the Pte Software is great. It is not very often that you have help with your problems such as this.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

sincerely,

Barbara Watkins

Barbara,

let's hope you have the proper boxes checked to make the music work

and have you tried a simple midi file to see if it will work

will the wav file play when it is not in the program

mp3 files are preferred due to their smaller size

ken

Barbara, you should be able to play background music and have a different sound, voice, etc play on a given slide in addition to the continuing background music. You do not have to use the internal player and you can use mp3 files for background AND "voice over" or slide sound. You set your background sound in Project/Music and check the play background box. Then, back on the main screen, highlight the particular slide, and then in the box below, select the sound file (wav or mp3) that you want to play with that slide.

That makes perfect sense, however, it will not work on mine!

Which of the buttons should be selected "continue playing current sound" or play new sound file ?

Does the voice over need to be also in the program options? I have tried it every way possible but it still will not work> I know I must sound ignorant, it may be something very simple that I am not doing, but no matter which I try, I am hearing either one or the other, not both!

Barbara,

To add a SOUND to a selected SLIDE # while your background Music is playing :

On the PTEs Main Panel Interface you will see a Edit/Selection Box labeled as "Sound" under "Comments". Enter your sound files name in that location.

When you enter Music/Sound Files in the main "Project Options"or the "Customize Slide" music locations ... you are adding or controlling just your BACKGROUND MUSIC selections. Entering additional sound files in these locations works only for BACKGROUND MUSIC .... not for addtional sound effects to be played in addition to your Music selections.