WnSoft Forums

Roma black and white with PTE5

Adda

I was a few days in Roma.

Home again, I created a show with V5 Beta 3.

No special effects.

Just a foto-show with zooms and little pans (93 pictures in black and white).

But I feel clear the advance compared to PTE V4.

If you want to download it in the next days, here is the adress:

http://www.pte.dfotos.de/roma_bw.zip

The size is about 133 MB. So, you need urgently DSL.

Best regards

Andreas

Thank you for sharing this show with us. I enjoyed it a lot and felt that the mono images are very effective, particularly the interior shots with beams of light.

I'm fairly sceptical about the value of pan/zoom as anything other than a gimmick, but your show is a revelation in the way you have used vertical panning to emphasise the height of buildings. This technique is very effective indeed.

It's a pity that you've ended up with some rather bland skies. I wonder if some of the images would benefit from a little darkening of the skies in Photoshop?

Thanks once again for giving us a very effective demonstration of the potential of PTE 5.

It's a pity that you've ended up with some rather bland skies. I wonder if some of the images would benefit from a little darkening of the skies in Photoshop?

Which pictures do you mean?

Night-shoots oder day-shoots?

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas,

I enjoyed your slideshow very much! At first I thought I would be disappointed in seeing only B&W images, but your show demonstrates that Rome is a city that lends itself very well to B&W treatment. And, you certainly captured the mood and beauty of the city - especially with your night shots.

I spent 6 or 7 weeks in Rome a few years back, and this show brought back many fond memories. Thanks so much for sharing it with us! :)

I agree it is very nice. some of the effects, especially the vertical pans will improve a lot with an accelerate and a slow down ad the end.(as it will by in the finall version ;) )

I think control of speed is importend in a show like this.

Luc M

Although a Junior member I have been making Audio Visuals for over 30 years. I too am a bit doubtful about too many pans and zooms although yours are tastefully done. I liked the music - very suitable but why oh why did you not arrange the pictures to end with the music. The Photography was excellent and I would be interested to know Camera/Digital or Film. The exposures were superb and composition very good. I noticed a slight jerk when some of the pans started. Would it have been better in colour? Was it shot in colour and reduced to B & W? That is not to say that it was nice to have something different in B & W! Thanks again for making it available. John.

Although a Junior member I have been making Audio Visuals for over 30 years.

Great - you sound like just the kind of person we need here. I'll look forward to learning from your long experience as I'm sure that traditional techniques & approaches must have a great deal to offer the digital worker.

Although a Junior member I have been making Audio Visuals for over 30 years. I too am a bit doubtful about too many pans and zooms although yours are tastefully done. I liked the music - very suitable but why oh why did you not arrange the pictures to end with the music. The Photography was excellent and I would be interested to know Camera/Digital or Film. The exposures were superb and composition very good. I noticed a slight jerk when some of the pans started. Would it have been better in colour? Was it shot in colour and reduced to B & W? That is not to say that it was nice to have something different in B & W! Thanks again for making it available. John.

The music was too long for the number of slides.

So, i had two alternatives:

1) increase the time of each slide. But I hate so long times, because i feel it bland/long winded (?)

2) insert more pictures. I have more pictures from the journey, but not all are adequate fot B&W

Camera: (only) Canon Ixus 400 (4 MPX).

I didn't took my Nikon D70 with me, because the Ixus seems better for this job for me in a town like Roma and for a trip with other people and little time to take pictures.

I shoot all pictures in color mode and degreased saturation to zero in ThumbsPlus. Then I increased lightness and contrast.

Sorry for my bad english.

Andreas

I was a few days in Roma.

Home again, I created a show with V5 Beta 3.

Andreas,

Watched your show today. I liked it very much and it brought back many happy memories of time spent in "the Eternal City"

However, for one shot in particular, I really would have liked just a little more time to soak up the lovely play of light you captured in the Pantheon.

Congratulations.

John