WnSoft Forums

Changing location of Project Folder

jacobdj

I would like to reorganize my photo folders, but when I move folders that contain jpgs used in various P2E projects, P2E cannot locate them.

Is there an easy work around short of retyping all the captions, and slide customizations etc? I run version 4.48.

Thanks,

Dennis

I would like to reorganize my photo folders, but when I move folders that contain jpgs used in various P2E projects, P2E cannot locate them.

Is there an easy work around short of retyping all the captions, and slide customizations etc? I run version 4.48.

Thanks,

Dennis

Right now the only way I know is to inform P2E by locating the files (or see below)- in version 5 (see it in the beta) there is a provision to create a zipped file which contains all the jpg's, etc., and p2e template so you could easily re-create the information in any folder in the future.

The way it works in the present release is that the pte file contains all the links to the files in terms of folder paths, etc. So you can always use a text editor to see where the folders were previously located and put them back in that location, or you could modify the pte file by substituting the new locations. It's always tricky to do this but if you keep careful track of where they are located you should be able to tweak the pte file with a text editor in the ASCII mode. Be sure to make a backup of the pte file before embarking on this so if you screw it up you can always start over.

Best regards,

Lin

Denis,

I 'posted' an example of how to do this about a year ago and I have re-posted the 'Method'

again ~ It may or may not help you,I don't know, but I am sure others would be interested .

See new topic "Renaming PTE.Folders"

Brian.Conflow.

Dennis

Take a look at SY(P) - the excellent application developed by Jean – Claude Senedal and available at http://www.diapovision.com/articles/syp.zip

It allows re-directing of locations of all images and audio files very easily indeed, as well as many other functions essential to preparation of PTE projects.

I believe every user of PTE should also have a copy of SY(P) standing by in the background.

Although we've not heard a great deal about the app recently - it does a great job, although I guess it probably will be made redundant when v5.0 finally hits the streets.

DEN (NE UK)

If you put your show.pte file in the Dir

with your pictures and open it.

PTE will find the pictures. PTE looks

in the Dir that the show.pte file is in first.

Hi Chuck,

What you say is true,many people do just that ~ What Denis is trying to do (Topic Starter) is completely different ~

He wants to Re-organise, Create and Rename his origional Folders and I'm afraid the "simple method" you describe won't work in these circumstances because the entire File thread has been lost.

Sometimes this happens when you change your Version of PTE.

The method I developed will work for him because we guide PTE to the 'New Re-Named Folder' and once we execute his 'Show Exe.File' from there, PTE then 'picks-up' on the 'Preview *pte File' and its possible to "re-load" that and also "re-save" the *pte File in its New Folder and from there on there are no problems.

Hope this explain's whats going on....

Brian.Conflow.