WnSoft Forums

How do I copy slides & transitions?

Dusty

Okay, I'm sure I've done this before, but I cannot remember how. I'm using v4.46. The song track is 18 minutes long. The slide show sequence is only about 3.5 minutes long. I want to copy the slides with their transition effects, and paste them until the music track is filled. I hope that makes sense. It's for a community sponsor recognition show to be played before a festival performance. I've tried selecting the slides in the main window, copying, then pasting at the end and they paste exactly backwards. I don't see ta way to do this in the timeline window at all. I need to have this done tomorrow and I hope I don't have to do it the hard way - one slide at a time. This is possible, isn't it?

~Cindy

Okay, I'm sure I've done this before, but I cannot remember how. I'm using v4.46. The song track is 18 minutes long. The slide show sequence is only about 3.5 minutes long. I want to copy the slides with their transition effects, and paste them until the music track is filled. I hope that makes sense. It's for a community sponsor recognition show to be played before a festival performance. I've tried selecting the slides in the main window, copying, then pasting at the end and they paste exactly backwards. I don't see ta way to do this in the timeline window at all. I need to have this done tomorrow and I hope I don't have to do it the hard way - one slide at a time. This is possible, isn't it?

~Cindy

Hi Cindy,

You can right click on any single slide in the slide list which will bring up a window with "Copy Slide" as an option. Left click on on this option then move to where you want the slide inserted and right click again and select paste. This should copy the slide and it's associated transition and timing.

To copy them all set up in classical view and select all with right click and choose "Select All" then "Add all Pictures to Slide List" should put them all into the sllide list again (duplicate) in the same order but I'm not certain if they will pick up the custom timings and transitions you may have set. I haven't tried doing that. But if you have chosen them in some different order in the slide list than you have them on the left side of your screen they probably will appear the way they do on the left rather than in your custom order.

Lin

That works, in that it duplicates the slides. But it doesn't duplicate the effects and timings. I did get them to paste in the right order. After copying, I clicked on the last slide and pasted, which put them before the last slide, but I just moved it back. I'd really like to keep the transition effects and just duplicate the whole thing if that's possible.

I suppose your show is a non-synchronized show.

You can use Sy(P) freeware.

- Open the project,

- launch the spreadsheet parameter editor,

- select first slide

- with Shift key, select the last one, all the slides are selected,

- in popmenu (mouse right click), you can see 'duplicate block...n pictures'

- the entire block is duplicated, preserving all timing and transitions,

- repeat same process as needed,

it's very easy with Sy(P)!

Thanks. What is Sy(P)? and where can I find it? Will it copy the transition effects, too? I wish there was a way to copy the timeline and paste it there.

Ronnie, the reason looping won't work is because the music track is several songs long. Looping it (as far I know) would loop the music, too. That's 18 minutes long, the slides are 3.5 minutes long. The "hard way" started with coming up with this recognition show in the first place!

~Cindy

I think I'm getting closer! I downloaded that program. I followed Jean-Claude's instructions, but the duplicated sequences have both time columns set to 0.1! For instance: a transition originally set at 3.5, (FADE), (2.0) is duplicated as 0.1, FADE, 0.1. Now what am I doing wrong?

I think your project is synchronized.

If you add (or duplicate) pictures, to preserve time-code of following picture (perhaps the last one),

time of previous one is divided and applied to all new pictures.

So first, you must de-synchronize your project ( menu <view/modify main parameters>) and then duplicate block of pictures.

Yes, I did custom synchronize it. That's what I was hoping to copy. I ended up doing it by hand, but it is all finished now. Thank you for your help everyone! I'll try to remember this for similar projects in the future.

~Cindy

Hi Cindy,

I am pleased that you have your show problems sorted now.

I visited you web site and downloaded a couple o your slide shows - they are exellent and the photography is superb. I am sending you a private message with a couple of other questions.

Ron