WnSoft Forums

How to give a slideshow more movement?

diapo2

I have a number of questions re. how to make my slideshow have more movement, or in other words, feel more like a movie:

1. how do I include video clips? Powerpoint allows me include videos, but I don't see an option under PicturestoExe. Strange.

2. how do I "ease in and out" of pictures? For example, if I have a picture of a person's face, how do I have the program ease into his/her eyes before it transitions to the next picture?

3. how do I make a picture turn white gradually in transition so that the screen is completely white for an instant between pictures?

4. how do I get pictures to slide over each other in transition, so that they are superimposed for an instant?

I see these features on slideshows on YouTube, but I can't seem to figure out how perform them. If PicturestoExe does not have these features, can you recommend another program?

I know these are quite a few questions, but any advice would be much, much appreciated.

Thank you.

I have a number of questions re. how to make my slideshow have more movement, or in other words, feel more like a movie:

1. how do I include video clips? Powerpoint allows me include videos, but I don't see an option under PicturestoExe. Strange.

2. how do I "ease in and out" of pictures? For example, if I have a picture of a person's face, how do I have the program ease into his/her eyes before it transitions to the next picture?

3. how do I make a picture turn white gradually in transition so that the screen is completely white for an instant between pictures?

4. how do I get pictures to slide over each other in transition, so that they are superimposed for an instant?

I see these features on slideshows on YouTube, but I can't seem to figure out how perform them. If PicturestoExe does not have these features, can you recommend another program?

I know these are quite a few questions, but any advice would be much, much appreciated.

Thank you.

1. Only a beta 3 of PicturesToExe is presently available so until the release of version 5.0 is out all features such as using video clips are not yet implemented but are introduced gradually in following betas.

2. You set a slow zoom (set the time for the slide to a longer period) and center on the eye --- very easy...

3. You use a white jpg frame between slides and set a longer time period on the fade transition,,,,,,

4. Put the ending keypoint for the first of the two slides into the transition period. Slide it far enough so the image disappears off the screen in the Objects and Animations screen, then pull the zero beginning point on the second image back before the zero point and set the transition time for each to about six seconds and for fade. This will give you both images together simultaneously with one fading out while the other fades in. Very easy....

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin,

Forgive me for sounding a bit pompous but you are obviously very proficient with beta 3 and therefore find things very easy. I guess that accounts for you remark of 'very easy'. However, I and many others are not finding version 5 a very easy program to master.

Ron

Ron - I agree with you, it's not easy. However, I have followed most of the Forum messages on PTE 5 and it is getting clearer. As with all software, it takes time to practice. I hope when 5 is finalized that Barry Beckham will produce a tutorial on it - then I will understand the program. Right now, I'm in "trial and error" mode (lots of errors!)

Bill

Hello Lin,

Forgive me for sounding a bit pompous but you are obviously very proficient with beta 3 and therefore find things very easy. I guess that accounts for you remark of 'very easy'. However, I and many others are not finding version 5 a very easy program to master.

Ron

Hi Ron,

There's a large difference between "mastering" the program and doing the simple things like setting a zoom and pulling the start and ending keypoints into the overlap regions to affect simultaneous display of the zoom out and zoom in.

Setting a zoom "should" be very easy for anyone once they understand that any image can be displayed at its default or at larger or smaller sizes by simply clicking on the start keypoint and dragging the rectangle surrounding the image to affect the size desired at the start point.

If you want to zoom in on an image you need to start with either the default size or smaller. If you want to zoom out you need to start with the image zoomed in. So these issues truly are easy.

As for the simultaneous transition display - my intent was to explain to the OP that it's not something difficult to achieve - it just takes dragging the ending keypoint into the transition zone and the start keypoint for the ensuing slide into the transition zone - the transition zone being that part of the timeline before or after zero.

I don't intend to make light of the need to study the tutorials and that's all part of the learning curve with any new program. We fully intend to have comprehensive tutorials for this program, but there is little advantage in re-inventing the wheel over and again so best to wait until version 5.0 is released to do the updates.

We're all learning as we go. I think sometimes the problem is that we become impatient to "do a real slideshow" rather than simply playing with the tools as they are introduced so that we can learn in bite (byte) sized pieces rather than getting confused with too much on our plates. Some are visual learners, some learn by reading and that's why Jeff and I will have both approaches for the tutorials. One will be referential in nature and the other a practicum. Between the two we hope to cover all relevant features.

Perhaps I should not use term such as "easy" to describe these things, but as new people approach the forum, we find those who are willing to actually do some research on their own and use the forum tools to find some of the many excellent examples and answers while others simply begin with "I don't see any way to....." and "how can I......" or "why doesn't this program do...... strange....." This tells me that the person asking these questions has neither bothered to look for the answers by reading past posts or even watched any of the numerous slideshow examples members have provided which demonstrate conclusively that PTE can do the very things they ask about (such as zoom in on the eyes, display both slides during transitions, etc.).

Let's just say that the things are "easily" done rather than "easy". Anything is "easy" if you know how and terribly difficult if you haven't a clue how to use the tools. I have great faith that the tutorials will make learning this program very "easy" for those who speak English. Hopefully we can find some who speak both English and other languages to translate the tutorials so that all our users, regardless of their native languages can easily learn to use these great new features.

Best regards,

Lin

OK Lin, I hold my hands up. It was not my intention to harang you or make little of your work so far. I had some difficulty in learning how to 'scroll text up my screen' but with your valuable help, I eventually managed to do it. I am very glad to hear that some tutorials will be made available for version 5 and I also agree with Bill who said "I hope that Barry Beckham will produce a tutorial".

When I have mastered some of the techniques that you (and others) have demonstrated exceptionally well, I will also spend some time in making some of the easier tutorials. Indeed, after the assistance that you have already given to me I will have a go at a pdf style tutorial and will post it (for free) on my website.

Ron :ph34r:

OK Lin, I hold my hands up. It was not my intention to harang you or make little of your work so far. I had some difficulty in learning how to 'scroll text up my screen' but with your valuable help, I eventually managed to do it. I am very glad to hear that some tutorials will be made available for version 5 and I also agree with Bill who said "I hope that Barry Beckham will produce a tutorial".

When I have mastered some of the techniques that you (and others) have demonstrated exceptionally well, I will also spend some time in making some of the easier tutorials. Indeed, after the assistance that you have already given to me I will have a go at a pdf style tutorial and will post it (for free) on my website.

Ron :ph34r:

Hi Ron,

No need to apologize, no offense taken in any way. We all need to share as much information as possible to insure that everyone gets the most from all these great new features. With great power sometimes comes complexity so it's not always simple and easy to grasp, but the more we work with the program the easier it will become.

Best regards,

Lin

4. Put the ending keypoint for the first of the two slides into the transition period. Slide it far enough so the image disappears off the screen in the Objects and Animations screen, then pull the zero beginning point on the second image back before the zero point and set the transition time for each to about six seconds and for fade. This will give you both images together simultaneously with one fading out while the other fades in. Very easy....

Lin

Thanks for that explanation Lin. It's a joy to learn something new almost every day.

John

Thank you for all your replies.

"Easy" is a relative term. Not everyone who visits this forum is a seasoned photographer or uses PicstoExe on a regular basis. This is the second time I am using the program and I am not a professional photographer -- I work in a war zone and I consider myself lucky if I am able to snap a picture (with my very, very simple camera) while also trying to duck a bullet on my way to work. So, anyway, I visit this forum because I find that these forums are usually full of friendly and humble people who are willing to help out those of us who are still on step one without making us feel "bad" about asking silly questions.

I have yet to find an "A-to-Z Basic Tutorial" that I am able to download. The one tutorial I found was "corrupt" (or at least that's what my computer claims). Any advice?

I have gone through some posts and have played around with my pictures, but the "zoom in and out" feature isn't smoothe when I Preview the slideshow, so I must be doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Also, with v5.0, I can't seem to add text, and when I do a search in this forum for "text," no explanation comes up.

Thank you.